User avatar

Shriek

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Difference Between Landmines and Time Bombs (Revised.)

    Thank you, Dreamy. Your reply was very encouraging. I have plans to submit it to my University's literary magazine. I have encouraged another college-age member YWS to do so as ...

    Dec 6, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Difference Between Landmines and Time Bombs (Revised.)

    The Difference Between Landmines and Time Bombs Reese Ryan was one of those girls. You know, one of them . She was the mere embodiment of the word “captivating.” She ...

    Dec 5, 2007
  • Official Polls Re: What Perspective Do You Like To Write In?

    i love second person.

    Nov 3, 2007
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Hail Mary

    Ari. I've read this piece more times than Jack, honest to goodness, and the only critique I could come up with was over one word in the first paragraph: "Her ...

    Oct 18, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Portrait of a Life

    Hm. It's good, not great . Firstly, the writing here is gorgeous. Smudged clouds, smeared colours, pale beaches, clumsy hands, little smiles, sharp edges -- all marks of a writer ...

    Oct 18, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Sylvia Plath

    And Suzanne, I just did some investigation and she killed herself the same year the book was published, 1963. The book was published in January of 1963 and she was ...

    Oct 14, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Sylvia Plath

    The Bell Jar was tragic and frightening and morbid and beautiful all in one. I cannot begin to express how much I admire Plath for being able to recount her ...

    Oct 14, 2007
  • Information Desk Archive Re: YWS Radio Program Episode #1, September 30, 4 to 5 EST

    Very, very cool.

    Sep 30, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: To John Donne

    first reaction: ew. second reaction: "tossing aside my white dress as you come down as golden rain" SWEET LINES! third reaction: wait a second ... ew. donne is fascinating, though. ...

    Sep 23, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here (4)

    yep! back row, middle! and yeah, i editted. my university is a bit -COUGH- ... strict. cleavage is a no no, so editting is necessary. :) um, wow. russian and ...

    Sep 3, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here (4)

    last night in cleveland: dorm life: FIND ME! ps: wiggy and clau, looks like you had fun. i want to meet a ywser!

    Aug 31, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How do YOU get last names for a story charater?

    Usually, I just try to find a first/last name combo that sounds alright. Sometimes there will be deeper meaning behind it, other tiimes no such luck. At any rate, the ...

    Aug 7, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Ye Olde TYWCers

    ...but I still have doubts that anyone will be able to post their stories on there ever again. Why do you say that?

    Aug 6, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: College

    apply for any and EVERYTHING. scholarships, and just to schools. even if you think the chances are nil that you'll be going there, apply anyway. you might change your mind, ...

    Jul 27, 2007
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: The Queen of Dolls

    I kind of figured that by the time I got back around to critiquing this, it would be heavily unneccessary (seeing as there are three pages of opinion here), but ...

    Jul 27, 2007


Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
— George Santayana