User avatar

Shriek

  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here (4)

    Muse, those are nice. Do you get pictures taken with your friends often? I think I remember you posting some pictures that looked like they were taken in a studio ...

    Dec 14, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Nutrition Facts on a Cup of Good Cheer

    Gosh, you're talented. Give me some of that. Clever title, vivid, creative images ("melting city," ""Hades's iron teeth," "black balloons," "parade/baton," ooh, so good), and the final three lines cau

    Dec 13, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Stream of Consciousness

    Wow. This is wonderful. Such profound thoughts. Tell me, did you write this all in one sitting, one stream of consciousness, or did you go back and edit multiple times. ...

    Dec 12, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: These (Revamped.)

    Question of the Day (maybe Grif can answer this): Why did I get no email saying people had responded to this? Did YWS do away with the response-to-thread emails? I ...

    Dec 11, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: saturday night

    Hey, I've been meaning to read this for the longest time. So, yay, one thing to check off my five page to-do list. To be honest, the plot has been ...

    Dec 10, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Cantilever

    Bob: Wow. This is gorgeous. Not in the way of flowery words and images, really, but in the power behind your words, and the insight your images provide. I am ...

    Nov 11, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: These (Revamped.)

    Liz (TBRRRR): Oh my goodness, I've missed you! Thank you for the review ,you are always so kind. Snoink: Gah. I have been trying to do that, but every addition ...

    Nov 11, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Firefly's Glow

    This poem seems to encompass all the elements needed for a "good" poem: your figurative language is superb, and the words appear emotionally charged. I would agree with the reviews ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: The Incan Shark

    I think I've been away from the YWS too long to know exactly who you're talking about ... but it seems that Snoink has remained just as witty (if not ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: These (Revamped.)

    Awesome. Thank you for the responses. I think we're all in accord that I need to scrap the first paragraph so ... will do. I am rereading it now and ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: These (Revamped.)

    These. (Written October 30, 2006.) I was on edge. The icy wind, biting cold, and that charmingly obnoxious, beautifully aggravating contradiction of a boy might have had something to do ...

    Oct 30, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Girl With a Violin (UPDATED)

    Just to touch upon what everyone else has said: this was great. You seem to have a knack for using adjectives, though sometimes your descriptions are over-the-top. You want to ...

    Sep 20, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: 128 Students Suspended at Indiana School

    Eh. But there's a difference between dressing individually and dressing distastefully, Bob. I don't quite get the graphic t-shirt or tank tops thing, but I am getting a bit tired ...

    Sep 1, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: And So it Ends...

    Awesome work, as always. Pity this has to be the last I will read from you -- for the time being, at least. Thanks for sharing.

    May 22, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Time Capsule!

    (This is such a nice thread. Gosh, do I love YWS, even in it's final hours.) To the Lyndsey of the Future, I have but one wish for you: Don't ...

    May 17, 2006


We think in generalities, but we live in details.
— Alfred North Whitehead