User avatar

Shasta

  • Fantasy Novels Re: A scene from my book: Clan blood

    I agree that you should introduce the characters a little more. It's okay to do it subtly, actual it's much better to introduce them slowly then all at once. But ...

    Apr 19, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Dreamless

    Um, okay, could I just give you a few suggestions on this poem? On the rhyming? To be completely honest I didn't think the rhyming was all that good. I ...

    Apr 18, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: I'm Shasta

    Thanks again! I don't know if I can say I read a particulat type of fiction more than others, I guess realistic fiction and fantasy are the genres a read ...

    Apr 18, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Simple Joys

    Thanks! Most of my poetry isn't all that negative. In my mind, poetry is meant to express feelings, tell stories, etc. To me it doesn't make sense to make all ...

    Apr 18, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Simple Joys

    Thanks! I think part of the problem with that line is more if you read it "When we are fin-a-lly there" with finally having three syllables (which it does!) I ...

    Apr 18, 2007
  • Poetry Discussion Re: delete

    Part of the difference between a smooth, poetic rhyme and a forced rhyme is syllables. If you can't automatically if the syllables in each line are the same from the ...

    Apr 18, 2007
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: VINE GIRL chapter 1 part 1

    I think this is a great start! And I don't mind all the "feels" you put in there. It's just a style that shouldn't be used to many times in ...

    Apr 18, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: I'm Shasta

    Thanks everyone! As for what poems I write, mine mostly have to do with nature, emotions, etc. But, a lot of poems are like that, aren't they? I read a ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Simple Joys

    Simple Joys Laugh at every moment, Find the joy in every day, Love the endless mystery, That guides us on our way. Cry for joy when morning comes, Smile at ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: umm. . .

    This poem reminded me that we are all here temporarily, and sometimes that can be hard to deal with. But that's just what it reminded me of. It is so ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The World's Going Under...

    I really liked the style of this poem. I think the way you decided to pu this together was, all in all, very good. I'm not sure about the rhyming ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: I'm Shasta

    Hi everyone! I'm someone who just loves to write. I'm working on several stories right now, though my focus is more on one of them. I enjoy basically any and ...

    Apr 17, 2007


A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost