User avatar

ScriboErgoSum

  • Writing Tips Re: Rants on Fantasy

    I love these. She has so much good advice.

    May 28, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Atmosphere

    Does anyone have any good tips for creating a strong atmosphere or sense of place? I'd appreciate hearing them, as this is something I'm trying to improve. :)

    May 6, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Poll

    I voted yes, though that's only partially true. I've plotted out entire novels before and it gets a little bit boring, but I also am not a seat-of-the-pants writer. I ...

    Mar 6, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: When to start over?

    For NaNoWriMo I wrote the first 50K of a novel. Since then, I've been trying to figure out how to finish it (I started without much of an outline, and ...

    Dec 31, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Same boat as me?

    I haven't written anything in about a year either. It's very frustrating. I'm hoping that this year's NaNoWriMo will shake me out of it and get me writing again. Sometimes, ...

    Oct 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: What Is Your Favorite Writing Tip?

    I have several. Probably it's been said already, but here's my favorite writing tip: If you want to write, just write. The hardest part is getting started. Don't stop, don't ...

    Aug 23, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: G H R I E K

    Good luck with your story. What's it about? I agree with the others: cool picture. And cool title. :)

    Aug 23, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Scribblings of the Scribe

    A short summary of the novel I'm working on: There is another world called Cittemara. Maybe it always existed, and maybe people from this world thought it into being. Either ...

    Aug 23, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Vampire Novel

    Congratulations on getting so far on your story! I have yet to write something that long. Your storyline sounds interesting too, even though I'm not usually crazy about vampires. Good ...

    Aug 23, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Scribblings of the Scribe

    I'm trying to write my first decent novel. Even though I've been writing seriously for almost two years (since NaNo '06), I have yet to turn out a novel that ...

    Aug 22, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: How long is/was your longest story?

    57,000 words. I wrote it in 11 days last year. It's really, really awful, and nothing much happens, but I'm still fond of it for some reason.

    Aug 19, 2008


the world (me) cries out for salvation (snacks)
— creaturefeature