User avatar

Sapphire

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Cinderella Was a Swindler

    Thanks, Stella! Ah, commas. I must have went through the piece a gazillion times to try and remove some of the one million that ended up in it! Commas are ...

    Aug 12, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Oppressed

    Hey! First off, I'll let you know that on YWS you should post two reviews before posting work of your own, then keep the review to work ratio 2:1 - ...

    Aug 12, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Will you?

    I'm going to go through this line-by-line. Hopefully you won't think this critique is too harsh, but I think some interesting elements of the poem are being overshadowed by sections ...

    Aug 12, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: a dream for a dream-er

    You know, despite not fully understanding the meaning of the poem, there's something I really like about it. What confused me about what was actually happening is that the beginning ...

    Aug 12, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Cinderella Was a Swindler

    Thanks for another lovely review! The opening scene obviously needs some work, so I'll fix that up, as well as Cinderella glittering. Sometimes when I'm writing, certain phrases and so ...

    Aug 12, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Switching Off

    Hi! I liked this, although there are a few things I would change. Sometimes when you get repetition at the beginning of each stanza it can be incredibly irritating, but ...

    Aug 11, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: the heartache of endings

    You know, this might be the first time I got goosebumps reading a poem here. You picked a great subject to appeal to writers! :lol: However, of course, I do ...

    Aug 11, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: (Revised) confusion.

    I like this! It's much improved, simply with changes to one stanza and the addition of another. As an aside, I feel like this is more lyrical than dramatic. Perfection ...

    Aug 11, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Cinderella Was a Swindler

    Thank you for the great review! I'm really glad you liked it. That original scene was twice as long, but for length I started cutting it down. It was good ...

    Aug 11, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Cinderella Was a Swindler

    This is my entry for Stella's 'Fairytales Gone Wrong...' contest. It's a rewrite of Cinderella from a slightly different perspective - it's only one part but it's quite long. Cinderella ...

    Aug 8, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Girls just wana' have fun

    Hey! Firstly, I think the title should be 'Girls just wanna have fun'. She w a ndered the lonely sodden city streets, the evening’s vain festivities now done. Light caught ...

    Aug 8, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What was your first story about?

    I started writing when I was five or six and can clearly recall both my first poem and story because they're still in my old writing folder. Actually, I just ...

    Aug 4, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: How's The Weekend?

    Weird weekend - worked on Saturday morning as usual, then family from Wales and Aberdeen who we hadn't seen in ages came to visit. I did nothing yesterday except watch ...

    Aug 4, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Muse Gone

    Me again! :lol: I seem to have developed a habit for reviewing your poetry. I thought this was brilliant and there was only one minor point I'd change, which I'll ...

    Aug 4, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Night of Stop-Beating

    Hi! I think this poem has higher potential than it's currently reaching. At the moment, I think it's a bit too much like prose and the poetic techniques are too ...

    Aug 4, 2008


Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson