User avatar

Sapphire

  • Lounge, The Re: Hypothetical #4

    I'd like to say that I wouldn't accept the offer for two simple reasons: 1. Every 5000 words would probably come across as too obvious, unless, as TL G-Wooster said, ...

    Sep 3, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Splitting my reflection

    I was going to review this yesterday but never had time, so here goes! The first thing I should say is I don't actually understand what's going on. It could ...

    Sep 3, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Broken - 3

    The worker frowns slightly and then pastes his kind, helpful grin back on his wrinkled face. As she watches him walk away, she wonders whether anything is real and if ...

    Sep 2, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Forget Myself

    This gave me goosebumps! The part where she mentions the gun was really creepy. I could tell from early on that the person wasn't real, but I thought it was ...

    Aug 30, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Enter the Sea

    I liked this. I think I can see the development - first physical reaction to the freezing water, getting used to it, it takes over her mind, then she's free. ...

    Aug 30, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Discrimination.

    Hi! I noticed you didn't have any reviews yet so thought I'd leave my thoughts. I felt like there were two problems with this poem, the first of which is ...

    Aug 30, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: dreams, lost hope, running from something...

    Welcome to the site! Just to let you know we have a rule here that says you have to review two other works before posting a piece of your own ...

    Aug 30, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: I Love You

    I think it's called an acrostic poem - that's what we called them in school anyway! I nvisible forces that bind me to you are (don't think you needed the ...

    Aug 29, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Broken - 2

    Hey, Sarah! She can see them watching her as she walks along the rough cobblestones. She doesn’t want them to turn around ; she doesn’t want them to know that ...

    Aug 29, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: wishes

    Hi! The turnaround at the end was the most effective line of the poem, but unfortunately it's preceded by a list of statements. Lists can get really monotonous, so eventually ...

    Aug 28, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing from a guy's POV

    You might want to have a look at this topic: Your question is perhaps a little more general, but it might help you out. :)

    Aug 28, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Broken - 1

    They swirl in clear brown liquid. Green-feathered ballerinas waltzing around a sphere of white china. As the water disappears, they plummet. Forgotten. The cup isn’t really spherical, so I think ...

    Aug 28, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Broken - Prologue

    She stood on cold stone. Her gaze sought something, everything, anything, nothing in the distance. (space – typo) Her gaunt, honey-coloured fingers clasped the leash. It was a normal balloon, ...

    Aug 27, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Watching Windows - Chapter 9

    It was quite a long chapter, so this is quite a long critique coming up! It was seven in the morning on the first day back at school after the ...

    Aug 27, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Watching Windows - Chapter 8

    What didn't you like about this chapter? I'm going to go through this as normal, but if there are any specific points that you want me to comment on then ...

    Aug 27, 2008


"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery