User avatar

Sapphire

  • Writing Tips Re: Do you carry a notebook with you?

    I have a set journal and diary, then ordinary notebooks for chucking in my bag. I tend to just take the first one that comes to hand so they're all ...

    Jun 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: I'd do anything- BBC

    I'm actually quite surprised - normally my support becomes a curse to the chosen contestant! :lol: At least Jessie can feel secure in the knowledge that there's no way Andrew ...

    Jun 3, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: My Inner Child Likes Chocolate

    Thanks for your reviews! Snoink, that was actually one of my alternative endings! :lol: Those exact words! I sat for ages trying to word the last line so that it ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Run, it's me!

    Hey, this is one of the other Laurens here! :D Welcome to YWS! You were in the West End once? That would be amazing! Well, you've had tons of offers ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Sinking

    Hi, thank you both for your reviews. Of course I don't hate you over the advice to chop it in half! There were definitely some superfluous sections when I was ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Sinking

    I had such issues with this poem. It is very difficult to write about this topic without falling into clichés and I know there are places that I haven't managed ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Frog Prince

    I'll going to make some punctuation suggestions that you can, of course, ignore if you like. :) I'll also point out specific sections I think you can improve on. On ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Lyrics Re: From A Gaze

    I am very bad at the guitar so unfortunately can't try it out with the chords but the lyrics are great. The refrain and chorus are good but perhaps the ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Lyrics Re: He doesn't see me

    With good music, I can easily imagine these lyrics on the radio. I love what you've written but I'm with chocoholic on the chorus suggestion - it's needs at least ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Lyrics Re: Formerly Heroine

    I actually really like the 'Why not go to Hell?' verse, because of the reference to what is quite a philosophical question in the books. 'They lost sight of me ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: My Inner Child Likes Chocolate

    So cute. I really like how you wrote that, it flowed very nicely and it was very creative. I have one it a true story? lol. Thank you, I'm glad ...

    May 26, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: I'd do anything- BBC

    I never watched the Maria show but watched the Joseph one religiously! :lol: I'm the same as you, Cpt. Smurf , with this year's show. I think having the results ...

    May 26, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: I'll see you tomorrow.

    Extra picky point - you use commas quite a lot. Perhaps you could read through again and decide if you really need them in places? Then again, it might have ...

    May 26, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Broadway!

    I'm a big fan of musicals and theatre in general but I've never been to Broadway or even the West End unfortunately. :( I want to go to London next ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Losing is an art

    Do you want to know the worst thing about beating through a broken heart? - Great first line It’s not the torment of bitter sunshine, stinging winds and rising tides-- ...

    May 25, 2008


As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.
— Pablo Neruda