User avatar

Sabine

  • Narrative Poetry Re: Beauty, as it Begins

    Oh, lament, for we are hapless And made to repeat. You have a waxwork daughter, Come and make her sit before the fire Watch if it will make her grow ...

    Mar 9, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Oxford on a Sunday

    Oh my, yes, so lovely. Quite a vibrant picture, and peaceful and rarefied, the way the ancient universities are always portrayed. I like the first long stanza very much. wonderful ...

    Mar 8, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: And Then, Our Endeavour

    I find myself rather confused, I'm afraid. This is one of the most literal poems I've ever written, based entirely of of things that actually happened to me. A very ...

    Jan 4, 2010
  • General Fiction Novels Re: the End of All Things [pt1 chp1]

    This is only the first section of the first chapter -- I favour longer chapters -- but there was a natural pause after this point and a longer post seemed ...

    Jan 1, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: My Funny Friend and Me

    ah, this is quite sweet and lovely :) It's got good rhythm and a nice rhyming scheme that sounds natural and not at all forced. I like poems like this ...

    Dec 31, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: a little dream in abstract

    while this poem has some quite lovely lines in it, like this: "you may find the lion who speaks in the flowers" and this "or keep wisdom in your pocket ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Portrait of His Funeral (reviews please?)

    absolutely gorgeous! concise and dreamy and melancholy. I especially liked this bit: "ending with a listless turn away, the silent sound of dress shoes . treading upon the vibrant, living ...

    Dec 29, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: And Then, Our Endeavour

    A few months ago I wrote a poem called 'miss-placed affection''on a subject of great interest to me, but the poem itself was so unsatisfying that I started again from ...

    Dec 29, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Lightening In The Common Room

    I have to say this is one of the more clever poems i've seen on this forum. I'm a little surprised at the obtuseness of the previous reviewers. I especially ...

    Dec 29, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Miss-placed Affection

    removed the intro as per reccommendation, not sure about any furhter editing yet, I almost think this whole poem would be better off scrapped, what do you think? It's just ...

    Jul 30, 2009
  • Official Polls Re: What Are You Writing Now?

    I'm slowly picking away at a novel... thing. Main character's father has just died. She comes back home to tie up loose ends, and in the middle of the reception ...

    Jul 15, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Miss-placed Affection

    * I had a dream, I held your hand in it, Curled to your side, Such a feeling of desperate tenderness Binding down my ribs. I shifted my had against ...

    Jul 11, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: A common thing really

    This is really lovely. You've got a good rhythm and rhymes that seem effortless enough that I didn't entirely notice them until the second time through. I really like the ...

    Jul 11, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: In Fond Regret

    Memorize a box of pictures Polaroids, ill exposed Dated haircuts and specks of sunlight Captured in tender observation. I read the first three lines, pleased but not too impressed, and ...

    Jun 7, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: In Fond Regret

    Hey Sabine! ^^ Don't think I've seen you around before. I'm Evi, nice to meet you, and I wanted you to know that I really enjoyed your poem. I'll just ...

    Jun 7, 2009


i could be a morning person if morning happened around noon.
— Fern