User avatar

RoxanneR

  • Writing Tips Re: What do people do besides writing?

    When I'm not writing, I'm reading. When I'm not reading, I'm writing. But schoolwork is another big thing. I always get good grades at school and I don't want to ...

    Dec 10, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: 6 Word Stories

    When I went to a Creative Writing course the other day, my mentor told me that one of the ways she writes is to write 6 Word Stories. She said ...

    Dec 10, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Last Names

    Yep, I'll join the sad-people-sitting-around-and-watching-film-credits-to-find-surnames-for-my-characters club! RR*

    Dec 10, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Have you read this book?

    Kool site. I might get the book myself. It seems good. RR*

    Dec 7, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Does it work?

    I have tried it and it sometimes makes you feel a bit stupid, sitting in your room and blowing bubbles and talking to yourself...Although my mom does go a bit ...

    Dec 7, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Does it work?

    I went to a creative writing workshop the other day with the author Beth Webb, and I asked her how she goes about preventing Writer's Block. She said that the ...

    Dec 5, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Speed Writing

    Yeh, your mind lets in more ideas when you're not thinking about them than it does when you are struggling to think! RR*

    Dec 5, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Learning to Write Fiction (For Beginners)

    I also ignored the whole 'Youmust re-read and edit all your work thoroughly before you post it anywhere!' "nonsense" and it got me nowhere. Even if you think your story ...

    Nov 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: The Worst Thing Ever In The Eternity Of The Writing World!

    You know what really makes me angry?! When I've got a really good story plot, and all the characters and everything, but I can't find a possible way on earth ...

    Nov 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Dictionary.com sold out! Now what?? I need new writing tool

    I'm looking for the same thing. Anyone know anywhere? RR*

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Killing Off a Character

    To put some more gore in the story! I like to kill off the characters that remind me of my worst enemies! That always makes me feel better! RR*

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Development

    And me. My computer is so old it practically crashes on me every 5 seconds! RR*

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Proper Format for Novels

    Wow! The word count for nove site was way confusing, but I got there in the end! I never knew it was so different! I will never trust my computer's ...

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Writer's Procrastination

    Thanks for all the help! The night I read it, I sat on my laptop and set myself a target of 1,500 words in about 2hours. Usually I need to ...

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Titles...

    I am always inspired by the places that I live, or have lived in, especially when I go to Cornwall and there are all the cute little seaside cottages that ...

    Nov 9, 2006


Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson