User avatar

RoxanneR

  • Writing Tips Re: Titles...

    I am always inspired by the places that I live, or have lived in, especially when I go to Cornwall and there are all the cute little seaside cottages that ...

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to Fix a Story

    I really hate editing my work, because there's no fun in it! Anyone else feel the same way? RR*

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Seven Deadly Sins of Writing

    I have my own 'writing rules' and I always stick to them. I find it is a whole lot easier if you write all the rules in the front of ...

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: First-person Narration

    I like writing in the first person, because I can portray emotion well. Although I don't do it all the time, I still like it. RR*

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Parentheses vs. Brackets

    In britain these: ( ) are brackets, as are these: [ ]. RR*

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Character nams

    That sounds good; I can never think up character names. I have a load of names, but none of them fit with the character I am writing about. RR*

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting backwards?

    I did this once before, but the story was really rubbish, because I had developed characters and a plot, I kept wanting to describe the characters, but you would do ...

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Scripts Re: Detention

    That was very funny! Just like me when I got my first detention! RR*

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Scripts Re: Squirty's Tearless Shampoo

    Very, VERY odd! But funny, and the YouTube was a bit of light relief from my homework. Thanks! RR*

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: (Untitled)

    I like all the description that you put in this poem, but I feel like Jack too. It's wierd! Does any more of your own writing make you feel like ...

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: dno

    Yeh, you definitly need to add more for people to give you more constructive criticism. But it sounds good for a begining. RR*

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Tresbourn Island (Working Title)

    The woman's character and the other main boy (who hasn't yet been introduced) are both based on us, but it has been hard to add more charactoristics so that they ...

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Thirteen

    I agree with in_too_deep. Sometimes, there is just too many 'maybes' in the last paragraph, but you could work on that. I was just like this when I went out ...

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: The Tiger

    This poem has a heartful meaning, but I don't think you expressed it in a way that really suits the purpose. I love tigers, and I know that most of ...

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Crazy

    It's ok, but I agree with Snoink. Capitallizing every word is annoying, but if it is essential in a poem, don't listen to our comments. RR*

    Nov 9, 2006


Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief