User avatar

Ross

  • Writers Corner Re: True Clans

    I love the Warrior series! Please continue with this! PLEASE!!!

    Jun 27, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing Playlists

    I listen to music depending on the genre. If I'm writing something romantic, I'll listen to "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion or "Say It Again" by Marie ...

    Jun 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Sex Scenes

    Okay, I'll tell you how I feel about sex scenes. Basically, there are two rules: Importance and Explicitness. The sex scene has to matter to the characters--and the reader. In ...

    Jun 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character descriptions for first person

    Okay, the best way you can do this is to put it in dialogue: "I hate my hair. It's all...poofy!" "It looks nice and soft to me. Besides I like ...

    Jun 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Titles and Writing With Titles

    Mostly, I give it a working title first that summarizes the concept of my story. If I was writing about a deaf woman who is being stalked, I would write: ...

    Jun 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: I Need Help!

    I think if it's supposed to be menacing, put something like: "I was in your house today..." If it's supposed to be reassuring, do something like this: "I hope to ...

    Jun 16, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: making a book longer

    Subplots are your friend here! I know I sound like a broken record, but I have to say it for EMPHASIS!!!!! If you're writing something and you find that it's ...

    Jun 14, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Suspense/Action description

    If you want to make tension, then you have to give me/the reader some background. I'm gonna type something in the horror genre. Ready? “Where’d they go?” Natasha murmured. She ...

    Jun 14, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Sheet

    Thanks for the sheet! I will totally do this! I fill these out beforehand so I have a feel for my characters. ----UPDATE---- Here's what I did on one character ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Names

    I go to this website. And I keep clicking. And clicking and clicking and clicking... :D

    May 11, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you write your novel?

    Type it. And get the scenes that you want to write most out of your head, then the ones that are most vivid and then the rest is up to ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Any Exceptional Books About Writing?

    The Everything Book On Writing A Novel. My parents got it for me for Christmas and it has literally--no pun intended--everything!

    May 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    I don't have much aim in a direct audience, but if you want to write what you read most, then keep your general likes/dislikes in mind.

    May 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Uh Oh!

    Yes! Sometimes people have blogged the chapters of their books and THEN got published!

    May 8, 2008
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Cliffhangers

    Thank you very much for the cliffhanger article. I've been having trouble, but your article helped me out. Thanks again!

    Apr 12, 2008


I went to confront noisy neighbours, only to find the windows dark, stuck with two notes. The ghost, too, had "gone fishing". Something still whistled.
— Liminality