User avatar

Ross

  • Writing Tips Re: Whats the Process you take in writing a book//novel??

    Pssh. For me, it's very loosely structured, and the idea is not set in concrete. I find that worrying about this cliffhanger or that chapter placement throws me off and ...

    Oct 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: What is your favorite tense?

    I used to ALWAYS use past tense, but for my horror novel, I decided to use present tense and I fell in love with it. If you are doing thrillers, ...

    Oct 31, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: What font/font size do you use?

    12-point Times New Roman, double-spaced is the general standard.

    Aug 27, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: 9,000 words

    I have been writing a horror story I started since late June. I thought it would be a simple 4,000 or 5,000 words. Now it's TWICE that. :o If it ...

    Aug 14, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Publishing

    I would go to the library like Saint said. There, look for a Writer's Market book 2008. This has the good publishing companies.

    Aug 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Into the Male mind...

    Let me give you some examples of gender separation in speech. Male: "I saw her run after that dog. Looked like she was wearing almost nothing." Female: "I saw her ...

    Aug 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: What Is Your Favorite Writing Tip?

    I have several, ready? 1. LOCK (Lead, Objective, Confrontation, Knockout) 2. Always finish your story with a brief "debriefing" (tie the loose ends up). Harper Lee didn't end her story ...

    Aug 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Different Ways of Saying "Said"

    To be honest, you'd be better off with a simple "said." ALLLLLLLLLL those words in your entire story...*shudders* Said is more professional.

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Songwriting tips please?

    Actually, it depends on the genre. If it's a rock ballad, then beat is a good thing. "Girlfriend" by Marie Digby is a great example. If you're thinking about Celtic-infused ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: I need first names!!

    Seventh Sanctum is the best for first AND last names. 'Nuff said. :lol:

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do YOU get last names for a story charater?

    I do the same thing as Marzipan. I decide the nationality--my favorite is Spaniard, they're always good for romance stories :lol:--then I type in "spanish surnames" and voila! *does a ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Essential websites for anyone trying to get published

    *jumps with joy* Yayyyy! Finally, I found a list. Thanks soooo much LS! *huggles*

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A LIST OF ARTICLES

    Gracias, Snoiky. *bows* I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy. :lol:

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Dialogue in Mutes

    I had a mute at my middle school and he didn't know sign language, so he just groaned and moaned and stuff. I think you should add an occassional groan ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Do you carry a notebook with you?

    I use a notebook on trips where a computer isn't available. :lol: It's really green and plain, but a lot of people have given me weird looks when I write ...

    Jun 27, 2008


The poetry of the earth is never dead.
— John Keats