User avatar

Ross

  • Media Reviews Re: 'To Kill a Mockingbird'

    I *heart* To Kill A Mockingbird. Let me tell you my reasons: 1. The voice is described in impeccable detail. I actually knew the narrator before I had even started ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Breaking Dawn

    For the most part, a friend of mine and myself have been warring off on who Bella will finally stick with. And I'm happy that it has been settled once ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Paranormal Romance?

    Okay, so I was reading Dream Chaser by Sherrilyn Kenyon, one of my favorite novels. Suddenly, I started wondering: "How the heck does she do this?" I went to and ...

    Jul 14, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Name the Character Above You

    No comment... Gorgeous, southern church receptionist. Long dark hair, dark eyes, full lips and pale skin. Curvaceous. Suffered an abusive marriage at age 17. Broke up around 20 years old. ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Name the Character Above You

    Jack Daniels! Gorgeous, southern receptionist. Long dark hair, dark eyes, full lips and pale skin. Suffered an abusive marriage at age 17. Broke up around 20 years old. Comforting, sweet, ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Good books about writing

    Your First Novel by Ann Rittenberg and Laura is simply the best! It's got really positive advice and really good inspiration and prompts.

    Jul 5, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Starting at the End

    I don't think that the start has to be the END...but maybe a climax point. After the climax, there's always a brief tying-up of the loose ends. I like the ...

    Jul 5, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Sounds like a thriller in where a young woman has to find her kidnapped son. It sounds interesting, high-paced...pretty good! Family of Victims

    Jul 5, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Picture Your Characters

    Okay, so I'll explain... As I work on a story/novel, I visualize my characters as movie stars. And when I saw Stephenie Meyer's movie page, I thought maybe other writers ...

    Jul 4, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Need Help On Title

    I like First and Third. However, what I would do to avoid this problem in the future is to take any phrases, words, etc. that you think are magical or ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Developing Dialogue making it count

    I think that you can add accents to reveal their characters and all that. Throw in the occassional "Ja" for a old German man, "y'all" for maybe a young Southern ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Polls with Writing

    I agree with Snoik. If you simply add a poll to boost your ego, then it's bad news!

    May 17, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: How on earth do you describe physical pain

    I agree with Boing! You don't have to describe it entirely. But if someone touches a bruise, say something like a soft twinge/needle/etc. of pain shot through me. You can't ...

    May 14, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?

    Okay, I know I've already posted on here, but I just have a great story that I'm going to post on here soon. I got the idea from watching Justin ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: YWS Wallpaper!

    I agree with Azila! Otherwise pretty good. The letters are hard to read. Try making them gold or colored.

    May 13, 2008


As a writer, I'm more interested in what people tell themselves happened rather than what actually happened.
— Kazuo Ishiguro