User avatar

Ross

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Why I Hate Liking You

    I agree with Summerless. The way you can make it longer is to show, not tell. Have the reader experience the burning cheeks of a blush or the irritation when ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Fear.

    Although this does sound like abuse in a way, it's mostly because of your word choice in the second verse. "You want to make me scream with pain." Find a ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Rain

    First of all, welcome to YWS! Second of all, I agree with OverEasy about the 2 reviews=1 post thing. Thirdly, I love how you presented this poem. It's the first ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: Bandages: Part Four

    Okay, I didn't read the other stuff (which I should probably have done) but this was very good. Typos were scant and so were spelling errors. I loved your use ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: May I Have This Dance

    Fantastic piece of poetry. I loved your use of poetic elements and the reptetion. There is really nothing that the others haven't covered. All in all, I just loved it. ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Land Of Camelot: Uncle Magician

    This is a very engaging story. However, your paragraph structure turned me off. My personal preference--and some others on here--like it like this: Paragraph Paragraph Paragraph This is a very, ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: You're Beautiful

    Very good. The pacing was excellent. I loved your use of italics and normal font states. I don't really need anything to critique. The rest has covered it. But I ...

    May 8, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Quiet Alisa Chapter 2

    This is a very, very disturbing storyline. I think that you should tone down the explicitness a little bit, because I almost wanted to gag as I read it. (Sorry ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: Silhouettes - Preface: My Sanctuary

    Very good! I loved it! The only problem is that it didn't really make sense. But if that was your goal, then it may turn the reader off rather than ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you write your novel?

    Type it. And get the scenes that you want to write most out of your head, then the ones that are most vivid and then the rest is up to ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Any Exceptional Books About Writing?

    The Everything Book On Writing A Novel. My parents got it for me for Christmas and it has literally--no pun intended--everything!

    May 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    I don't have much aim in a direct audience, but if you want to write what you read most, then keep your general likes/dislikes in mind.

    May 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Uh Oh!

    Yes! Sometimes people have blogged the chapters of their books and THEN got published!

    May 8, 2008
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Star Wars

    Sadly, I agree with King. You did break the rules of the site. The basic needs for story posting are 2 reviews=1 post. Story-wise, this piece is an excellent creative ...

    May 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex Before Marriage

    I think that it should be based entirely on personal choice as so many people have said. However, if you don't want a baby and you desperately want sex, then ...

    May 7, 2008


If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos