User avatar

Ross

  • Lounge, The Re: YWS: One of the top 101 Web sites for Writers for 2008

    YAY! I'm so happy! You know, I actually found this website when WD wrote it in the 2008 writing websites issue. This website is platinum compared to the others that ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Need Help On Title

    I like First and Third. However, what I would do to avoid this problem in the future is to take any phrases, words, etc. that you think are magical or ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Developing Dialogue making it count

    I think that you can add accents to reveal their characters and all that. Throw in the occassional "Ja" for a old German man, "y'all" for maybe a young Southern ...

    May 19, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Highest Degree

    Living in Mercer Island until our adulthood, Arabella, Liam, Alex and I often discussed what had made us come together. I said that it had been the fight. Arabella, Liam ...

    May 19, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: My Immortal

    Author's Note: The characters are based on my childhood friends. This resulted from a daydream from last summer. I found it, polished it and here it is! A lot of ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: First Night: Pool

    I agree with Bella also. Change the font and space out the paragraphs. It gave me a headache to be honest.

    May 19, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Polls with Writing

    I agree with Snoik. If you simply add a poll to boost your ego, then it's bad news!

    May 17, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Chapter 1 of "Thrills of Barcelona"

    “Got him, sir…” Velma Wilkinson dragged in the prisoner, shoving him in the chair. And it was one hell of a prisoner. Grizzled gray mane, the beginnings of a rough ...

    May 14, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: How on earth do you describe physical pain

    I agree with Boing! You don't have to describe it entirely. But if someone touches a bruise, say something like a soft twinge/needle/etc. of pain shot through me. You can't ...

    May 14, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Sheet

    Thanks for the sheet! I will totally do this! I fill these out beforehand so I have a feel for my characters. ----UPDATE---- Here's what I did on one character ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?

    Okay, I know I've already posted on here, but I just have a great story that I'm going to post on here soon. I got the idea from watching Justin ...

    May 13, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Doll: Chapter One

    Screaming. Dying echoes of screaming. Filling her head with long lost, painful memories of misery and havoc. Her voice was somewhere among those voices, those blood curdling voices. And she ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: The Logarithm of Love

    This was a good poem, but it was a very confusing structure. Is it about math? Science? Cooking with numbers? ;) And also, try and bring the guy in my ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: YWS Wallpaper!

    I agree with Azila! Otherwise pretty good. The letters are hard to read. Try making them gold or colored.

    May 13, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Where does my story go?

    I have a story that kinda has two central things. One is a romance and the other is to spy on the hero in the romance. Romantic fiction or Adventure? ...

    May 13, 2008


Treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster.
— Quentin Crisp