User avatar

Ross

  • Writing Tips Re: Different Ways of Saying "Said"

    To be honest, you'd be better off with a simple "said." ALLLLLLLLLL those words in your entire story...*shudders* Said is more professional.

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Songwriting tips please?

    Actually, it depends on the genre. If it's a rock ballad, then beat is a good thing. "Girlfriend" by Marie Digby is a great example. If you're thinking about Celtic-infused ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: I need first names!!

    Seventh Sanctum is the best for first AND last names. 'Nuff said. :lol:

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do YOU get last names for a story charater?

    I do the same thing as Marzipan. I decide the nationality--my favorite is Spaniard, they're always good for romance stories :lol:--then I type in "spanish surnames" and voila! *does a ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Essential websites for anyone trying to get published

    *jumps with joy* Yayyyy! Finally, I found a list. Thanks soooo much LS! *huggles*

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A LIST OF ARTICLES

    Gracias, Snoiky. *bows* I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy. :lol:

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Dialogue in Mutes

    I had a mute at my middle school and he didn't know sign language, so he just groaned and moaned and stuff. I think you should add an occassional groan ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Ban The User Above You!

    Banned for being too picky! :lol:

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Seducing Marshall

    Well, I was reading it and at first I was discouraged because to me, it was all telling. But as I kept reading, the mood seemed to get more ethereal ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Rate The Custom Title Above You

    I never knew Gladius was another name for sword...if I'm assuming right...:lol: 9/10

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: craziest night of writing you have ever experienced?

    I had this weird dream one night at a friend's house. It was kind of like this "movie trailer." Lots of scares, screaming and psychological stuff. When I went home ...

    Aug 6, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Music

    Paint Me In Your Sunshine by Marie Digby This starts out as a soothing, lush guitar intro accompained by YouTube star Digby's gorgeous, breathy voice. Then it builds up to ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: 12 year-old girl left to die without food or water

    This was AWFUL! How the heck could the nuns be so uncaring? Couldn't they at least call a freaking doctor? I hope those "nuns" rot in jail! That's so awful. ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Good Dean Koontz Books?

    I've only read The Servants of Twilight and The Darkest Evening of the Year and The Taking . Are there any other books by him you recommend?

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: What's the weirdest book you've ever read?

    Probably the weirdest book is The Da Vinci Code. The plot turned out stellar, but as it progressed, it got just mind-scrambling and at the end, I wasn't really sastified. ...

    Aug 5, 2008


Grief, I’ve learned, is really just love. It’s all the love you want to give, but cannot. All that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go.
— Jamie Anderson