User avatar

Ross

  • NovMo Archives Re: What's your NaNo '08 about?

    Time Done NaNo: This is my first time! NaNo Name: deafwriter_19 Genre: Supernatural Suspense Horror Plot: I'm not gonna tell! Shh!

    Nov 8, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: Post Your NaNo Cover!

    Why thank you! *bows*

    Nov 8, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: Post Your NaNo '08 Wordcount!

    11,181 words. *looks at all the high counts and hangs his head*

    Nov 8, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: Too Few Words, Too Little Plot

    Well, I am running very quickly out of room in my NaNo. I've hit 10K and I'm in 3/4 of the story. Any ideas to stretch it out (to 50K?)

    Nov 8, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: Post Your NaNo Cover!

    Well, here's mine for 'Asylum'. It's a horror story...apparently. LOL! Just open it. My computer is sadly anicent, so this is all I got.

    Nov 8, 2008
  • NovMo Re: Suggested Word Count!

    Hit 10K now!

    Nov 8, 2008
  • Official Polls Re: What's Your Internet Connection?

    I get Comcast. Woot!

    Nov 1, 2008
  • Novel Workshop Re: Main Attraction

    I clutch the armrests of my seat hard that the lady knitting next to me gives me an odd look. The magazine sprawls across my lap. The cover is nothing ...

    Oct 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: i need help explaining things

    Use dialogue, thought processes or foreshadowing. But keep it drawn out, otherwise the reader will toss it aside.

    Oct 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: What to do if your inspiration is drained.

    Watch movie trailers, not television episodes. That will help you create your own characters and stuff. Read the first line in a book and decide how you can twist that ...

    Oct 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Description

    You have to people-watch. Jot down what fascinates you, what repulses you. If you see a beautiful woman, analyze what makes her beautiful. See people's gestures, their signs, their twitches. ...

    Oct 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Reasons for writing

    To be honest, I write because I can express myself in there. One of my stories (now on hold), Highest Degree was about deaf culture discrimination. My horror novel was ...

    Oct 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Second Person

    I agree with Annie. You have to be a MASTER at exposition and suspense to be able to execute a second-person story, let alone a novel. Read Stephen King and ...

    Oct 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Switching viewpoint, person, AND tense?

    Garrison, I have to disagree with you. I am a big fan of James Patterson's thrillers. In them, he switches it up a LOT. It will be risky to switch ...

    Oct 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Whats the Process you take in writing a book//novel??

    Pssh. For me, it's very loosely structured, and the idea is not set in concrete. I find that worrying about this cliffhanger or that chapter placement throws me off and ...

    Oct 31, 2008


What is a poet? An unhappy person who hides deep anguish in his heart, but whose lips are so formed that when the sigh and cry pass through them, it sounds like lovely music.
— Søren Kierkegaard, Philosopher & Theologian