User avatar

Rook

previously fortis • they/them • Background by Mienar on tumblr

  • Art & Photography Re: Book binding!

    I have not seen that technique before. I know there are many ways to bind books, but I've only learned the one. Let me know how it goes!

    Feb 11, 2015
  • Lounge, The Re: The Official Goodbye/Departure Thread

    @LosPresidentes You have been an important part of my time here at YWS, whether you know it or not. I'm sad to see you go, but I understand. Stay safe, ...

    Feb 10, 2015
  • Official Polls Re: How do you like to review?

    I share the computer at my house, so when it's not my turn any more, sometimes I copy some works into Word and stick it on a USB drive. Then ...

    Feb 9, 2015
  • Lounge, The Re: Brag about your talents

    My ego is probably the biggest one I know of.

    Feb 8, 2015
  • Randomosity Re: Post Your Voice v 2.0

    I want to say something interesting here but I have nothing interesting to say.

    Feb 8, 2015
  • Art & Photography Re: Book binding!

    Tips and tricks: -No rubber cement, and worried that your glue won't be enough? Tape or glue the first and last pages down, then wrap some of your left over ...

    Feb 5, 2015
  • Art & Photography Re: Book binding!

    Cover preparation: (no pictures, sorry) Supplies: -2 cover boards, or cardboard (preferably non-corrugated) rectangles the size of your pages -1 Spine support, which can be made out of the scraps ...

    Feb 5, 2015
  • Art & Photography Re: Need a Hand? (closed for the time being)

    Oy! Almost forgot about this! You'll get your hands soon, @Aley, @lostthought, and @WritingWolf. Don't you worry. o.o

    Feb 2, 2015
  • Art & Photography Re: Book binding!

    Sewing! You need to make sure you've labeled just like I have, otherwise these directions won't make sense. This will probably be the hardest-to-understand step, so have patience with yourself, ...

    Feb 2, 2015
  • Art & Photography Re: Book binding!

    Signature preparation: Step 1: decide how big you want your book to be. The standard size is 4 signatures, but you can make yours larger than that. For now, I ...

    Feb 2, 2015
  • Art & Photography Re: Book binding!

    Hello! Recently in art class, we learned how to bind books! I was like, "heck yeah! books!" I figured people on a writing site might want to know how to ...

    Feb 2, 2015
  • Art & Photography Re: Touch of Art

    Wow I really love that last one. :O What was the medium?

    Feb 2, 2015
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi, new here!

    Heyo! I love poetry and sci-fi stories, and I really like your username, so we should get along pretty well! I think I saw you drop into chat already. I ...

    Feb 2, 2015
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello I am new.

    Heyo! I know Burrow :D Welcome to YWS~ It's the second home of many. ^-^; Let me know if you need any help.

    Feb 2, 2015
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here [9]

    @SecreteJournalist I'm with Holy XD If that's messy, my room probably should be classified as one of the 10 most dangerous places on earth. (you can actually see the floor ...

    Feb 2, 2015


See, we could have been called The Shoes.
— Paul McCartney