User avatar

Rincewind

  • Writing Tips Re: Different Ways of Saying "Said"

    I read in a Stephen King Dark Tower novel today the word grumped. I thought that was awesome.

    Nov 13, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Different Ways of Saying "Said"

    Implied is agood one thats not on the list. Also confirmed. I am also a big fan of the word Splurged.

    Nov 12, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Dialogue Grammar

    Boner

    Sep 18, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: How DO you write?

    I think you could say all that stuff in a lot less words and not seem so smug and brainy. I'm quite sure three quaters to a hundred percent of ...

    Aug 10, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: How DO you write?

    Pretty much I have never underestimated the potential of my imagination. In all truth everything we write takes some form from what we feel and who we are as people, ...

    Aug 10, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Creations of a Fantasy World

    Agreed. It is indeed a combination of both. If you think about it , it's impossible not to do any pre-planning. Everything is planned in your hear more or less ...

    Jul 31, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Um... making up characters, i guess...

    It is indeed a clever way to give your characters interesting quirks and personality traits. My list of things: Rum Shadows Ink Berries Beetle Handcuffs Hippo and that was it. ...

    Jul 30, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: The Prologue

    I mis read that and thought you said the thign that comes after the story. I dont knwo what you are speaking of.

    Jul 29, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Creations of a Fantasy World

    I have only recently been diligantly editing all my work, and my newest pieces (Hamstring) are all liek triple edited. I rip stuff out, patch things up, throw thigns in ...

    Jul 29, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: The Prologue

    an epilogue

    Jul 29, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Creations of a Fantasy World

    [quote="Snoink"]@ Ryan and Rincewind: I think creating a mythology/world is the writer's personal preference. So either way would be correct, depending how you work.[/quote] I couldn't agree more. Eve

    Jul 29, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: The Prologue

    the challenge will be making everything interesting enough to A) keep people interested regardless that they have no background information B) keep everything intriguing so peoepl have a reason to ...

    Jul 29, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Creations of a Fantasy World

    I've never gotten stuck.

    Jul 29, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: The Prologue

    Too see an example of a prologue check the thread: HAMSTRING A FABLE IN MANY PARTS. It is not exactly a prologue, but all the essential nutrients are there;) I ...

    Jul 28, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Creations of a Fantasy World

    I disagree with Ryan. I have three worlds on the go: One is our Earth (Hamstring), one is an "earth" with considerable paranormal differences (Sugnoma Lived) and one is a ...

    Jul 28, 2005


“And how shall I think of you?' He considered a moment and then laughed. 'Think of me with my nose in a book!”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell