Random avatar

RiaBaby

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Midnight Dance

    I don't even know how I can review this because after reading that, anything I say will sound weak and stupid. Superb, superb writing; I mean, wow. Beautifully told, I ...

    Feb 16, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Can't Let Them Down

    Hello! I just want to tell you first that I haven't been on this site in a very long time, and your poem is the first thing I've read upon ...

    Feb 16, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: White Lines

    Let me just start by saying I do like your writing, specifically your choice of words. However, I found this poem to be slightly contradictory, and a little confusing. I'm ...

    Aug 29, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Ebb and Flow

    That was exceptionally beautiful. I can't find any mistakes whatsoever, whether that be spelling, or grammar, or just general sentence structure--it all flowed very smoothly. I really, really enjoyed

    Jun 3, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Torrent

    I knew what he meant . “I wanted to check it out.”. I would ditch the comma here and just put a period. I tried to ignore the burning hole ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Etch-a-Sketches and Lemonade

    i forget where it was, but there's a part where you had a little "i agree" in there, and i think you should really take that out, because it's too ...

    May 12, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Nate's Hypothetical Situation #2

    It depends on how well I know the person. If it was a close friend, then no. But if it was at most a passing acquaintance...then I don't know. This ...

    Apr 20, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: Peom! Peom! Peom! <--- notice the spelling error.

    Faith or religion is like Stars. There are a lot of them, And they have varrying numbers of planets, But in the end, They're all the same. Truer words were ...

    Apr 13, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Seen Any Movies Lately?

    I saw Sin City the other night - I've never read any of the comics (or graphic novels for the purists) so I went into the movie without expectations. And ...

    Apr 8, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Seen Any Movies Lately?

    I don't know if anybody talked about this because I only really skimmed the first page and the fourth, but Sin City was by far the best film I've seen ...

    Apr 8, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Ring Two

    I said worst than the first simply because when you watch it, everything that's going on isn't new anymore. Although the special effects were by far a helluva lot better ...

    Apr 8, 2005
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey!

    thanks guys. and yeah sk, I agree--this place is definitely the best.

    Apr 8, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: first person

    screw what everybody else said--I think you're a fucking genius. God, this was so amazing. Not even amazing, because I don't think that word does it justice. I can't even ...

    Apr 7, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Hourglass-really short

    Part of me wants to jump and shout, ‘help! Help him!’ while the other protests, see what happens. It turns out, I follow the latter. I think you should have ...

    Apr 7, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Hide and Seek: The Child

    We lost the game; they found me. I think this might be the most powerful sentence in the whole story. I really liked this, and must echo everybody else by ...

    Apr 7, 2005


Never forget how special this site is: the older I get, the more I realize how many lonely writers there are who have only family and maybe some friends to read their works. The fact we get free critique, nightly writing pads, free contests and unlimited interaction at *no cost* with people genuinely wanting to help, can not be overstated or overrated
— Messenger