User avatar

Revere

  • Writing Tips Re: Daily Rantings from Speakers Corner

    Thanks for the tips, CL, they are really helpful. I'll be sure to try and use them for my story I'm working on. 8)

    Dec 9, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Moon

    I really like how this was written. I like how it all seems to build up to one climax, and I like your original descriptions of things. I’ve never felt ...

    Dec 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Last Names

    I actually don't use last names in my stories. In a short story especially, they are not completely necessary - it doesn't add any signifigant characterizarion. I've actually read some ...

    Dec 8, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Parallel

    Thank you all for replying. :D Bubblewrapped, I like your suggestions. They do seem to fit better. ibelieve_inme, I'm glad you liked it. Trident, no offense was taken. Your opinion ...

    Dec 5, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Cool College Cats

    I liked this - it was interesting to read, and your language used is really good, too. Some suggestions: ...when all washes back to normalcy--that dull, ailing normalcy--the only true ...

    Dec 5, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Parallel

    Again, all thoughts and comments are appreciated. The middle section doesn't seem to be working that well, but I've no ideas on how to fix it. The food imagery is ...

    Dec 4, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Heat

    Hey Myth, Thanks for reviewing my story; your suggestions all make more sense than what I had. Actually, my teacher is a huge procrastinator, and we still haven't gotten these ...

    Dec 4, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: hello

    Hey fanatic_dadaism! Have fun here at YWS, and enjoy your stay! :D

    Dec 3, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Lost

    Well, I liked your vocabulary you used. It was rather interesting to read. I'm not so sure about your line breaks. Right now, there's basically one sentence per line, and ...

    Dec 3, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    "Love. No question." Sangha "I have no idea." Makata "Love - wouldn't that be an adventure? All I have is money, and it offers nothing to me." Camilla "Money - ...

    Dec 1, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Cost of Action Pt. 2

    He took a long drag from his cigarette, a glance down the empty hall, and passed the rest of it to me through the cell bars. When I first read ...

    Dec 1, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: McMillan Bridge Pt One

    Part Three- This was as equally done as the other three parts (and all those parts were well done!). Your charaterization is especially brilliant in this part. I really got ...

    Nov 28, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Medicated happiness

    This is very good quality writing. I like your imagery and metaphors - they're used efficiently and appropriately. It adds another dimension to what could be (in the hands of ...

    Nov 28, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Biting the Hand That Feeds

    Incandescence - [In response to number two] You've made some harsh critiques on my poetry before, and I might've been mad at you then, but I'm not anymore. Your critiques ...

    Nov 25, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Eulogy

    *Is confused* :?: I didn't write this, I just critiqued it. :?

    Nov 25, 2006


The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
— Groucho Marx