User avatar

Revere

  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Are You Me?

    All that remained from previous stores around it were debris composed of broken bricks, signposts, shards of glass, and a few trees still straddled the backyards. The last part of ...

    Mar 11, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    Rowen sounds to me like a character from a fantasy story. She would be strong and brave, but feminine as well. She sounds like she is young - between 16 ...

    Mar 10, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Aethel's Sketch

    Hi Myth, I thought this was a really well written character sketch. I can get a good sense how these characters act and think, and would like to see more ...

    Mar 4, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    August - No, I wouldn't say so - not anymore, at least. From everything I've experienced, I can say for sure that nothing is absolute, and nothing is completely black ...

    Mar 3, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: My Literary Blog

    If any of you remember, Distance was the last thing I've written, which was in December. I haven't written anything the past few months since then because of our play ...

    Mar 1, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    I'm probably wrong, but to me it sounds like a science fiction story, possibly involving cloning. Maybe I'm looking at it too literally. Undercurrent

    Mar 1, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hiya

    Welcome to YWS, Rasi. I'm sure you'll like it here - we're pretty friendly. Have fun!

    Feb 27, 2007
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Heat

    We got our stories back today, and I got a 94%. I'm pretty happy with my mark; it's about what I would've expected. The strange thing is, though, on the ...

    Jan 8, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Sleeping Fairgrounds

    Fun mirrors make you Dance and hop slowly, Unsure of how to control The waves and bumps with Their clumsy, sleepy, fingers. Your wording seems a bit off in this ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Distance

    Thanks for replying, Cass, I do appreciate it more than you might think. All your suggestions make sense, and you pointed out a lot of things I didn't notice before. ...

    Dec 26, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Natural Photography

    Wow, those are really beautiful photos. I especially like the second one, with the lady bug. I don't think the last one is all that bad - it's just as ...

    Dec 24, 2006
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Distance

    One thing I wanted to point out was, the creature, having been transported from where it came, was, in my opinion, rather calm about the situation. Is it not confused, ...

    Dec 20, 2006
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Distance

    DISTANCE “Come in, come in, we’re just getting started.” Camilla held open the back door of the S&M Institute of Scientific and Technological Research. Sangha and his great grandson, Makata, ...

    Dec 17, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Critiquing Books You Read

    Here is one from King Lear. I don't think this is the original, but whoever edited it didn't do such a great job: "There's a division betwixt the dukes; and ...

    Dec 13, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Magnolia

    I must say, I really really like your style in this piece, and your use of language. The setting description is good too; I can see it clearly in my ...

    Dec 13, 2006


If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.
— Emily Dickinson