User avatar

Rei

  • Writing Tips Re: Chapter names?

    Chapter TITLES are tricky. I like them sometimes, but in general you don't need them. Chapter titles generally work if your chapters work like episodes, the way they do in ...

    Jul 29, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Dialogue Grammar

    Oh yeah. When I read people writing like that, it's so annoying. It's a struggle to keep focused on the actual story. Sometimes I'll stop all together, depending on what ...

    Jul 11, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: tips for journal-style?

    Definitely, reading Anne Frank's diary is a great place to start. Also, read any published diaries/journals you can get yuor hands on. The real ones are better, though. The fictions ...

    Jun 24, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: I need help for a play I'm writing

    Yeah, and besides, I think more people are interested in film and television anyway. Very rarely does theatre actually make a profit.

    Jun 23, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: I need help for a play I'm writing

    You can probably do more than you think. Ever see Peter Pan on stage? With sets, a lot of the time all you need is something to suggest the setting.

    Jun 22, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: I need help for a play I'm writing

    Yeah, that's the tricky bit. There are some stories that just don't work on stage. What you could do is choose two or three key locations that could take up ...

    Jun 21, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting the story

    Do a little planning, brainstorm ideas. Decide when in the timeline is the best place for you to start, and then get a very clear image in your mind of ...

    Jun 10, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: I need first names!!

    Sometimes I choose names based on they mean, like my middle name Rachel, which means innocent lamb, and find one with a meaning that best suits the personality of the ...

    Jun 10, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Ummm....kinda stuck on outlining.

    There's a big difference between going blindly and having the kind of detailed outline Wandwaver described. I do the same thing as you, Crysi, only I don't actually put it ...

    Jun 10, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Ummm....kinda stuck on outlining.

    I personally find outlines to be a bit restricting. Very general outlines of what will happen are good because they leave room for things you may discover along the way. ...

    Jun 9, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Five Tips for Writing Convincing Characters

    So true, Eloere. Take some of our favourite comic book characters. Spider Man and Superman are both attractive, with all the physical strength you could ask for, plus a bunch ...

    Jun 8, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Stuck on Descriptions

    Then why not just simplify things by making them different colours, or giving them names? Is there a really good reason for not giving names? In some books, when enemies ...

    Jun 7, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Stuck on Descriptions

    Are the two white dragons identical in every way? If not, make sure you have a very clear image of what they both look like and find certain qualities that ...

    Jun 7, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Published

    It's actually a lot harder than you think. Researching the publishers is really important. The first step is to choose the publisher. Forget about Random House, Harper Collins, Scolastic, and ...

    May 29, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Five Tips for Writing Convincing Characters

    No, you're problem is that you can't spell or use proper grammar.

    May 29, 2005


A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles