User avatar

Rei

  • Writing Tips Re: Why Boring is Good

    Less action doesn't necessarily mean boring. However, you are right. We need those less action-oriented scenes to give is a rest from the high-action scenes. That's why, in The Two ...

    Apr 26, 2006
  • Research Re: Proposal for creating a writing workshop for youth

    Anyone have any thoughts on how a group specifically for youth would be better than a just general group that has more adults than teens.

    Mar 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Back in Time Scenes

    Yeah, it really does depend on how you want to structure the story. Is it a start at the end and go back to the beginning? If you make it ...

    Mar 6, 2006
  • Research Re: Proposal for creating a writing workshop for youth

    Actually, that's great. Thanks a lot.

    Feb 28, 2006
  • Research Re: Proposal for creating a writing workshop for youth

    I am currently conducting research for a proposal asssignment. My topic is creating a workshop or a similar program for youth aged 16-25. As many of us are in that ...

    Feb 28, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Novel help

    Not true, not true! The real world is full of amazing stories. People love memoirs and based-on-a-true-story stories. Angela's Ashes is a perfect example. Everything that happened in that book ...

    Feb 15, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Novel help

    As one who has done this kind of thing, I know it is quite the challenge. One way of doing this is thinking of a major conflict in your life ...

    Feb 12, 2006
  • Research Re: Value of Writing Clubs

    Correction to the poll question: Answer the second question if there is no youth writing gruop in your community. Writing clubs like YWS are great, but what about programs for ...

    Jan 30, 2006
  • Research Re: Exclusion in the Middle Grades

    I'm doing some research on exclusion in early adolescence, ie, grade seven to nine. I'd like to know if any of you have any thoughts on the kids who are ...

    Nov 16, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Fragments-Are they grammatically wrong?

    As long as you don't overdo it, fragments are just fine in fiction, and are a neccesity in many kinds of poetry.

    Oct 23, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: The Novel: Some Basic Advice

    yeah, now if only I could put them into practice.

    Sep 10, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: How to Write Critiques

    Yeah, I find that not enough critiquers will put in positive points (Griff), when they are just as helpful as knowing where the weaknesses are, and gives those without much ...

    Sep 10, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: I need help!!! Writer's block...I want to die...

    Give yourself permission to write badly.

    Sep 2, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Plotting

    Great idea. I think I read something like this in a screen-writing book

    Aug 28, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting a mythology?

    Read Joseph Campell.

    Aug 16, 2005


You cannot understand and disagree.
— P. D. Ouspensky