User avatar

Rei

  • Research Re: Toga Party

    That's a good fact for me to know, Sab. Thanks.

    Aug 17, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting and Ending

    Check out my article on novel-writing. There are a bunch of suggestions of how to do chapters. There's a link to it in List of Articles. For ending the story ...

    Aug 16, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Objects to Prompt You...

    This is a concept actors often use as well. Someone in my acting class had some difficulty grasping the emotional content of his monologue in his first performance, but in ...

    Aug 15, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing in E-Prime

    Hmm . . . Sounds tricky, but definitely a good thing to try to give your writing a little more variety to it.

    Aug 15, 2006
  • Research Re: Toga Party

    I know a little bit about the history of the toga party in American universities, but does anyone know how popular they are these days? Is it mostly just a ...

    Aug 14, 2006
  • Research Re: Research for novel

    There are a few people here who live in Texas you could message. Incandecance and I think MisterWaffle live in Texas. They would be the ones to ask.

    Aug 13, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Short Assignments

    This is very good advice. Keeping this sort of idea in mind is the perfect way to keep someone from being overwhelmed.

    Aug 12, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: The Soundtrack to Your Story

    I think all writers are a bit crazy. Though the real word is eccentric. I do have a sort of soundtrack for the book I'm writing now. It's a non-fiction ...

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Discipline, oh my!

    There are all kinds of little self-b-mod (behaviour modification) techniques that can be helpful. I agree that self-bribing (known as positive reinforcement in b-mod) is really helpful. Fasting may no

    Aug 3, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Why Bad Spelling Sucks

    Arg! Too confusing! I can never figure out when Canadian English spells in the British or the American way.

    Aug 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Why Bad Spelling Sucks

    At the same time, you have to remember that there are different spellings for the same word depending on what country you live in. People have accused me of typoes/spelling ...

    Aug 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Help with Dialogue

    The way I learned how to write dialogue and make it good is by listening to people, remembering amusing bits of conversation and that sort of thing. Another trick to ...

    Jul 25, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Borrowing Okay?

    Snoink has the right idea. I had the problem, when I was in my early/mid-teens where I wrote a story and it was obvious to anyone familiar with the story ...

    May 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing In Genres :)

    I generally don't like to use them at all, so I couldn't tell you. But I can tell when it's being over-used.

    Apr 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing In Genres :)

    Quality article. However, and I hate to do this, but you've made some really silly errors that I must point out. 1) too in place of two 2) Their in ...

    Apr 28, 2006


When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
— Eric Hoffer