User avatar

Rei

  • Writers Corner Re: Finding a good agent

    Yeah, it is normal for them to only want to see samples. Agents and publishers get so many submissions every week that they don't have time to read full manuscripts. ...

    Feb 27, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Finding a good agent

    Another thing to consider is taking a look at the small publishers that don't require you to have an agent. Other than the fact that they publish very few books ...

    Feb 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Brainstorming

    I wasn't so lucky with my essay in high school. The school board noticed that students were having a hard time with essays, which is why process was a big ...

    Feb 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Brainstorming

    I'm the sort of person who does it all without paper. Thankfully I had an understanding English teacher when I was struggling with doing the outline for the term project. ...

    Feb 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: If it were a movie!?

    Well, there is in a way. A good book made a good movie, and a bad book made a bad movie.

    Feb 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: If it were a movie!?

    I would love to have my books turned into movies. It would be fun.

    Feb 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: The Novel: Some Basic Advice

    Geez, I wrote this?

    Feb 24, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Gettin a writer's name

    On a related note (which is strange for me as I usually sprout useless nonsense,) J.K Rowling was ordered by Bloomsberry to change from Joanne to J.K., for fear that ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How many words is the average novel?

    Well, you'd find it extremely hard. Many publishers would reject it out of hand or claim it's 'unpublishable'. If you're really lucky you may find a publisher willing to give ...

    Feb 14, 2008
  • YWS Re: YWS Handout Flyers

    It's a good idea, but they should probably have some more information that just a logo and the website url to give people a better idea of what the site ...

    Sep 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: YWS Addiction

    hee hee hee That's why I hardly ever came while school was on.

    Sep 1, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: YWS Addiction

    get a job or go to college Or both Then you'll either have no time, or you'll be too tired to bother when you do have time

    Sep 1, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to Avoid Sex Scenes

    I agree! Sex scenes are best left to trashy romance novels, and should, for the most part, be left out of other literature, even if it does have romance in ...

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Research Re: Research for Story

    Depending on what type of country you want your story set in, and what era, the fuedal system of government would also be something to consider looking into. Of course, ...

    Aug 23, 2006
  • Research Re: Research for Story

    I can't give you specifics, especially if you don't have a particular era you're writing about, but I can point you in the right direction. If you go to the ...

    Aug 20, 2006


Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein