User avatar

Rei

  • Writing Tips Re: Writing Children's Fiction

    You still show just as much, just do it in a little less detail. Most of the time, all you really need to do is not use simple language but ...

    May 7, 2008
  • Research Re: Help on Career project

    1) Being able to create and share my ideas. Though it also feels really good when you read a story to a bunch of kids and they shower you with ...

    May 4, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Im having some trouble finishing my book =/

    Oh yeah. Totally normal. Sythe is right. Take a break. Read things that may inspire the story, but don't make a point of thinking about the story, and just rest ...

    Apr 13, 2008
  • YWS Re: Star Ranking System

    I wonder if anyone will get that many red stars. 1250 is a lot.

    Mar 27, 2008
  • Research Re: Calling all college students

    Ha! I love it. All the funniest stuff was done while sober. Like when a bunch of us were chasing around a bouncy ball in the residence halls.

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A quote to start your book

    I've seen some that start every chapter that way. In some cases, it's from fictional books that only exsit in the author's imagination. In one case, though, it was quotes ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Does age really matter?

    Star Wars = George Lucas Anyway, even if you don't put your age, the maturity of the writing can sometimes show through. Then again, authors like Christopher Paolini are proof ...

    Mar 22, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Favorite Form of Procrastination?

    Bloons!

    Mar 20, 2008
  • Research Re: Calling all college students

    *shrugs* It's not who you are, it's who you know, I guess. I don't go to the University of Toronto, but I know people who do. So I know that ...

    Mar 18, 2008
  • Research Re: Calling all college students

    Thanks a lot, Monki. This is exactly the kind of story I want to hear. And your geeky stories are appriciated as well.

    Mar 17, 2008
  • Research Re: Calling all college students

    Not really. Anything would be helpful.

    Mar 15, 2008
  • Research Re: Calling all college students

    I'm writing stories set at college right now. Since I have no imagination for real life events and have a somewhat limited experience, I want to hear all of your ...

    Mar 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Agent or Publisher: who do I contact first?

    In Canada, there are lots of publishers out there that don't require an agent. But it's true, they do look at the ones supported by an agent first. On most ...

    Mar 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you lengthen your novel -- HELP Me, PLEASE!

    How many words is it? If it is at least 50K you can still publish it as a YA novel depending on the publishers you want. Sometimes even shorter if ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Finding a good agent

    School magazines would not really count. There is far less competition, so it doesn't necessarily mean you are anything special. And all you really need to do to check out ...

    Feb 29, 2008


A ruler leads by example, not force.
— Sun Tzu