User avatar

Rei

  • Writing Tips Re: Publishing

    Very true. Research is really important. One really great source, for Canadians at least, is the Canadian Writers Market. It has all of the major book publishers, as well as ...

    Mar 27, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Publishing

    Here's where we can all talk about publishing. I've been working on getting published since my seventeenth birthday. Got questions about the biz? Know a place to send stuff? Post ...

    Mar 26, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Reasons for writing

    Oh, that is so true. Getting your feelings out through writing is one of the greatest forms of therapy. Anyone ever try something I call rage writing? It's the best. ...

    Mar 22, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Should they end up together?

    Why don't you let the characters decide? Do they really want to be together? is that the best thing for them? What is in the way of them ending up ...

    Mar 18, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Picture books

    I am working on my first picture book, which I am going to send to a local publisher. Anyone got any suggestions of how to go about writing picture books? ...

    Mar 17, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Story Plans

    I think it is necessary to have some degree of planning, but it should not be followed too closely. Allow yourself to discover new things. You may latch on to ...

    Mar 16, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Reasons for writing

    I do it because it's who I am. Stories are what I do. Even when I'm not writing, I tell stories. When people ask me qestions, or I want to ...

    Mar 16, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Dialogue

    The best thing to do is to listen to people. Learn about how different types of people talk, and all the dialects of the English langauge. Learn how a person's ...

    Mar 16, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: What to write...

    My suggestion. Don't worry about doing something that is overdone. If it is done well, it won't matter. Think of a story that means something special to you. What are ...

    Mar 16, 2005


Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
— Charles Mingus