User avatar

Rei

  • Writing Tips Re: HELP!!! WRITERS BLOCK!!

    Just relax. Don't think about it. Read for a while and maybe it will come to you. The most important thing to do is don't worry. We all have these ...

    May 10, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Five Tips for Writing Convincing Characters

    Sometimes it amazes me how much detail people need to go into when creating a character when it comes so naturally to me. I never did take the academic approach ...

    Apr 30, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting Your Story

    Ah. I see. So it was you who misunderstood me. All I said was that it's a good idea to do it beforehand.

    Apr 14, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting Your Story

    I don't get you. Perhaps I've just misunderstood you, but it seems like you keep contradicting yourself. And with the sword thing, if you are refering to Inu Yasha, that's ...

    Apr 14, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting Your Story

    Again, I ask you, how can you create a heightened or alternate reality unless you understand the existing realities? What you're saying sounds like an excuse for laziness. I understand, ...

    Apr 14, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting Your Story

    Where do you go from needing an excuse not to do research because you're inventing your own world and needing an excuse to write?

    Apr 13, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting Your Story

    Not a good enough excuse. You still need to know how existing realities work before you can create your own. I do the same thing, but my mom and I ...

    Apr 13, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting Your Story

    I don't see how you could write a book without doing research beforehand. I mean, if you have an idea for a story set in medieval times, how can you ...

    Apr 13, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting Your Story

    I find a much easier, less stressful way of starting is to do your research, be it creative or factual, and know your story. If you relax and have a ...

    Apr 13, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Reasons for writing

    Because the bee in my brain told me to.

    Apr 6, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Publishing

    The problem with self-publishing is that it costs a lot of money. Could be thousands of dollars. And you have to market and distribute the books yourself. Whereas, sending a ...

    Apr 2, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Hmmm...

    my suggestion. Don't stress about it. Just write the story while keeping an awareness of what the characters' relationships are. Afterwards, if you still see the problem you feel you ...

    Apr 1, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Need Help!

    You'd be surprized what you can make interesting. But I do see what you mean. That being the case, I would suggest putting the entire episode into a very short ...

    Mar 29, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Need Help!

    It's just that I'm not really sure what you mean when you say "I just want to know how to get her from being in the car going somewhere to ...

    Mar 29, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Need Help!

    You would have to be more specific for me to give you any good suggestions, but for now what I can tell you is to make sure you have a ...

    Mar 29, 2005


Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.
— Corey Ford