User avatar

Rei

  • Writing Tips Re: Essential websites for anyone trying to get published

    Looks like a good list. I'll be sure to check them out.

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Research Re: Blindness

    Another thing to consider is that you could describe what things look like, just not in the way you would otherwise. I had a blind friend in college. She was ...

    Jul 19, 2008
  • Research Re: Magic, not only in books and movies?

    Someone once said that magic is simply science that we cannot explain. Think about it. A TV or cell phone would seem like magic to anyone who has never seen ...

    Jul 13, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Is it possible to make an original story?

    And in the future, make sure you post topics in the correct forum. This section is for actual pieces of writing. It's not where you ask questions. I'm no moderator. ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Cammie's Asylum

    No, it wasn't. Sarcasm rarely if ever appears clearly on line.

    Jun 27, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Cammie's Asylum

    Seriously, what is so confusing about the aftermath of WWIII where the western hemisphere has been blown to smithereens and human mutants live in poverty and a half-mutant girl comes ...

    Jun 27, 2008
  • Research Re: Prologues and the story

    It really is what you think serves the story best. For example, I once read a novel that was told in first person, but something that happened to him as ...

    Jun 23, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: I don't know if I can go on

    It's interesting to see it compared to dating, but I suppose it's an accurate analogy. We do have very personal relationships with our stories and sometimes we try one that ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Research Re: Searching for "S" words

    My favourite word starting with S is superfluous.

    Jun 1, 2008
  • Research Re: Blindness

    Yeah, if you're going for an illness, menengitis is probably the way to go. Or another possibility is some kind of brain tumour. Is there anything particular you want to ...

    Jun 1, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: My Writing Depresses Me

    The amount of dialogue a story has really is just personal preference. And yes, read Hemmingway.

    May 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: My Writing Depresses Me

    Nothing wrong with writing fanfiction. Did you know that there are some very successful authors who have made a good portion of their career writing novels based on Star Wars ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: For Fantasy writers- The test

    Might be, it's at least the second. It's one of the topics in Fantasy Fools.

    May 22, 2008
  • Research Re: Families

    There is data on this stuff, more 'random' than a 'random' survey of a bunch of writers. If you want to find the real average family, use science and news ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    When it comes to really good teen books, I think the only difference between them and books marketed to adults should be the age of your main character. The exception ...

    May 7, 2008


“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince