User avatar

Rei

  • Media Reviews Re: Looking for a good series.....

    The Lost Years of Merlin. There are only five in it, but there are other related books by TA Barron.

    Jun 14, 2005
  • Writing Activities Re: Made-up words

    Yeah, adding "ness" to things is fun. I seriously once heard someone say "stay-in there-ed-ness"

    May 24, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Young Adult Fiction

    I still hold to the fact that the ultimate YA novel is The Outsiders, for reasons not the least of whihc is that it was written by a sixteen-year-old. *seeths ...

    May 23, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Young Adult Fiction

    You just don't know where to look. There is a lot of good stuff out there. For YA novels, you have to look to the small presses, particularly stuff that ...

    May 23, 2005
  • Art & Photography Re: Hmm, yeah

    I like the first one. The second one is too cutsie.

    May 20, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Book...a very good book...

    The only series I read are the ones based on movies (Star Wars) and TV shows I like (currently Smallville, formerly Buffy and Angel)

    May 20, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Book...a very good book...

    Naw, you just go to the library.

    May 19, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Question about LOTR

    Yeah. It's good to read the hobbit before hand. You can appriciate LOTR better if you know that story, but everything you NEED to know from The Hobbit is explained.

    May 8, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Young Adult Fiction

    This week, I have come to a very simple conclusion about Canadian publishers who believe they are publishing books for teens. They suck.

    May 1, 2005
  • Art & Photography Re: Self Portrait, please look! :D, i'll give you......socks..

    What sort of socks would you give me? I am in dire need of a pair. As for this, not the kind of style I generally like, but I can ...

    Apr 20, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: The Georgia Nicolson Confessions

    The fact that it's making you talk like a brit shows just how good that book was. I only read the first one, but it was really very funny. Maybe ...

    Apr 19, 2005
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    MMM. Pie.

    Apr 16, 2005
  • Writing Activities Re: Made-up words

    Oh yeah, I know confuzzled. One of my favourite abuses of the English language would be something said on Buffy the Vampire Slayer: "I'm suffering from the afterness of a ...

    Apr 12, 2005
  • Writing Activities Re: Made-up words

    As writers, we have the freedom to play with and abuse our language. We invent phrases, find new uses for words, and even make up our own. Writers such as ...

    Apr 10, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Tapping the Dream Tree by Charles Delint.

    So true. I think the thing that makes much of his work so special is that he uses contemporary, social realism and mixes it with ancient lore and mythology. So ...

    Apr 1, 2005


I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
— John Cage