User avatar

Rei

  • Fiction Discussion Re: What makes your story so original?

    What i think makes a story unique is not necessarily the story or the characters' personalities and that sort of thing. What makes a story unique is using the resources ...

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Question... Novella vs. Novellete

    Okay, so I was right. *shrugs* Don't suppose it really matters how it's classified. Publishers and literary journals generally tell you the word count they want, not if they want ...

    Sep 1, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Question... Novella vs. Novellete

    I think I prefer the way "novella" sounds. Hmm. I'd always thought that a novelette was just something too long to be a short story, but not quite long enough ...

    Sep 1, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Ender's Game

    Agreed. I got one of the books in the series for my boyfriend's birthday. He imediately went o buy another one and finished them both in less than two weeks.

    Aug 21, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Troll

    Pretty good. I've never seen a blue troll either. Are those mushrooms on his back?

    Aug 20, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce

    I like this. Doing author interviews for the site is a great idea. I'm sure the authors for Annick Press (a small Canadian publisher) would go for it. They're very ...

    Aug 20, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do you get attatched to your characters?

    I get very attached to my characters. Heck, I practically fell in love with the guy mmy protagonist fell in love with once.

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Good publishers....help!!

    Well, when publishing books for teens, depending on the publisher, it can go much shorter than that, though 40 or longer is the standard. With kids' books, unless the publisher ...

    Aug 13, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Photoshop Personalized Avatars

    Pretty! I also like the one with the bunny. All very well done.

    Aug 9, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: how many novels do you own?

    If you combine Mike's and my small collection, probably between around one hundred, maybe more. Sadly, the majority of mine are still in Toronto. But I'll be going in two ...

    Aug 4, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: On Writing Books

    I've completed four books, and the first draft of my fifth. I've been working on getting published for a while. For me, really, the hardest part is writing a good ...

    Jul 28, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: To Submit or Not To Submit

    No reason not to. If there's no minimum, why not submit something that is only 350 words?

    Jul 26, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: How to make a pen-sword

    Hee hee hee Very clever

    Jul 23, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Contact The Author?

    If they have a website or even just an e-mail address, it's really quite easy. Many of the writers I have e-mailed reply and answer any questions you have as ...

    May 16, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Why is Shakespeare so flippin' sweet?

    [-( It's quite sad, really. MacBeth and King Lear and both great. And besides, it really undermines their own authority and the influence of books they think are good for ...

    May 13, 2006


i think once every new ywser realizes they can manifest themselves into the quote gen by making a post about the quote gen, they make a very inconspicuous post about the quote gen, but deep in their hearts, they know they’ll see that post at the bottom of the page one day. (yeah, i see you mods. you brought this upon us)
— Avian