User avatar

Rei

  • Lounge, The Re: Prayers, encouragement, support...?

    I had similar feelings about going to college. When something is pulling you and everything about the decision makes you feel wrong, you shouldn't do it no matter what anyone ...

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    He created the universe in a matter of six days by speaking But how long were those days? Were they really days in the sense that we understand days?

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    "I made the rules, so it's okay for me to break them." Do you have any idea how childish that sounds? This reminds me of the teacher who reprimends the ...

    Jul 8, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    Thunder, be reasonable, and please think before you say something. You seem offended by the very idea that there could be a logical explanation for something miraculous. I understand how ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    I don't think explaining how some of those things could have happened is irrelevant. What happens in Exodus seems impossible, and therefore should not be taken literally from certain points ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: American English: Dialect or Language?

    Dialect. Do you have any idea how varied some Asian langauges are, but are all considered different dialects of the same language? Yiddish, too. An English-speaking person will understand almost ...

    Jul 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    They aren't my theories. I'm just reciting what others have researched. Every religious person I know who doesn't just take what they are told regarding religion and doesn't blindly accept ...

    Jul 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    No I mean diseases in fish that cause the Nile to turn red and frogs to flea the river and lack of clean water leading to cattle disease. And of ...

    Jul 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    A little bit of both. There are scientific explanations for almost everything that happened in Exodus, but not in other books of the bible.

    Jul 6, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Softy!!

    :shock: I second that. :thud:

    Jul 5, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Happy Independence Day!!!!!

    Happy 4th of July my neigbour to the south. Hope everyone had fun.

    Jul 5, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Top 250 Cities on YWS

    How does it designate cities? Because I know on one of the statistics, I wasn't apart of St. Louis because I'm a suburb, not actually in St. Louis. Is it ...

    Jul 2, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Canada Day

    Yeah, we say Happy Canada Day. Although we do make a big deal about being different from Americans, we celebrate our independence in the same way. Downsview had free rides ...

    Jul 1, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Canada Day

    It's Canada Day!!!!!! YAY for fireworks day. So where are all my other Canadians? Where are you going for the party? Anyone making it to Parliament Hill? I'm going to ...

    Jul 1, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What are the big national holidays?

    This Tuesday (July First) Is Canada Day. As far as I know, we celebrate it for essentially the same reason and in the same way as Americans celebrate Independence Day: ...

    Jun 29, 2008


One who sits between two chairs may easily fall down.
— Proverb from Romania and Russia