User avatar

Rei

  • Lounge, The Re: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

    This should definitely be better than the second set of Star Wars movies. I mean, isn't Spielberg directing it? Although they are both genius film makers, Steve is far better ...

    Mar 12, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Young Writers Society Copyright Policy (discussion)

    Well, I'm hoping to make a career out of my writing, so it is relevant to me. I'd rather go through a respected Canadian publisher. Anyway, that's for a different ...

    Mar 10, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Rejection letters...

    Yeah, rejection letters are either very impersonal or include a small piece of polite feedback. They would never say, "This is crap." Even if it is, so some really bad ...

    Mar 10, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Young Writers Society Copyright Policy (discussion)

    True, Nate, although I've heard that publishers don't like to publish works that have been posted online. I originally heard it was because the sites might claim copyright or something, ...

    Mar 10, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Riddles!

    This is kind of silly. Way too long for me to bother looking at the whole thing.

    Mar 9, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

    For sure. I was so excited when I saw the preview in the theatre! Since then, I've watched the other three movies twice. He's so gorgeous!

    Mar 8, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: YWS Review Weekend--Makin' "Yo Story" Jokes Since

    I'll for sure try. It's harder when you don't read much poetry.

    Mar 8, 2008
  • Official Polls Re: Are You Excited About The Journal?

    I love Bob. Truly. While I'm sooo excited, I'm also feeling slightly sad/stupid that I didn't submit anything this time 'round, and as such am hoping that I may have ...

    Mar 6, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Should I?

    Yeah, post that, and let us know the type of response you're looking for if you want something specific

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: February 2008 Statistics

    Guess us Canadians are pretty spread out.

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Official Polls Re: Are You Excited About The Journal?

    Super-dooper-uber excited! Though part of me is amazed I even got in considering who chose them.

    Mar 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Good Colleges For Writers

    You're totally right, Cade. Study what you're interested in. You shouldn't be stuck with a job you don't like. If you can avoid it. However, being finished with school, I ...

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Official Polls Re: Are You Excited About The Journal?

    You rock, Nate! This is the coolest thing.

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Juno

    YAY for Canadians winning American awards

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Good Colleges For Writers

    Also, something that an author I met once said, when I was telling him about my creative writing class, said that the last thing you want to study is writing ...

    Mar 2, 2008


Don't aim at success--the more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side-effect of one's dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one's surrender to a person other than oneself.
— Viktor E. Frankl