User avatar

Rei

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: "Religion causes too many problems."

    You can't blame religion for people's stupidity. People still blow stuff up, kill large amounts of people, and then commit suicide. Why? Video games. (I'm kidding, I'm just trying to ...

    Jul 17, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: American English: Dialect or Language?

    True, and as others have pointed out, there are dialects within a language that, if you've only ever been taught one, you probably won't be able to understand someone speaking ...

    Jul 16, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Who makes the Best Space Ships?

    X-Wings are awesome. So are Star Destroyers. Plain and simple.

    Jul 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should parents smack their children?

    a child who doesn't understand cause and effect will understand the more direct physical punishment--not necessarily pain If they do not understand cause and effect with other things, how will ...

    Jul 14, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should parents smack their children?

    Which is exactly why it needs to be done properly. There needs to be dialogue on a level that the child understands about why the child was put in time ...

    Jul 14, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should parents smack their children?

    There is always an alternative to causing a child phsyical pain. You just need to figure out what matters to the child and you need to do it properly. That ...

    Jul 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should parents smack their children?

    By all means, break out the riding crops and smack away. When I have kids, they're not leaving the house each morning without a few whacks across the face. I ...

    Jul 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should parents smack their children?

    I said nothing about not teaching them consequences, Not being allowed to play a game if you do not play by the rules is a consequence. Not being allowed to ...

    Jul 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should parents smack their children?

    There are many more reasons not to hit your kids has a punishment than because it will make them violent. Of all the really happy, respectful, successful people I know, ...

    Jul 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should parents smack their children?

    I think a little wack on the hand if they are about to do something that would lead to them hurting themselves more than the wack is the only thing ...

    Jul 13, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: The Dark Knight

    Yeah, they actually do show the accident in the previews that causes Harvey to turn into Two-Face. But who knows how much they'll do with it.

    Jul 13, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: The Dark Knight

    Two-Face probably isn't getting much mention at all because he's not the villain. Besides, it doesn't look like he totally becomes Two-Face in the movie. He's only known as Harvey ...

    Jul 12, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: The Dark Knight

    I do think it's likely that they are taking a more serious look at his role Oscar-wise because of his death, but I know I would have been thinking it ...

    Jul 12, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: How Much can we trust science?

    When it comes to proving the existence of something that has no physical form, I'm not sure how biases couldn't interfere.

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Does the Olympic Stadium in Beijing really look like this?

    Well, I think the design idea behind it was probably to create sort of a "quilt," or a "network" (a spiderweb works too) to show how the world is connected ...

    Jul 11, 2008


In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening