-
Re: Plastic Surgery
There are medications, herbal remedies. You could maybe talk to a counsellor or a doctor about making changes in your lifestyle. Or you could even find out why you have ...
Apr 29, 2005 -
Re: Girl, 5, handcuffed by police after being unruly in class
You also have to talk to them like people. They are not "just children." It's so easy for adults and teens to forget they were kids once.
Apr 28, 2005 -
Re: Girl, 5, handcuffed by police after being unruly in class
The way to punish unruly five-year-olds: Take away toys. In corner for five minutes. Send to sit in principal's office if still out of control. Why did this woman become ...
Apr 28, 2005 -
Re: Girl, 10, Cuffed for Scissors in School
Yes, I know no-tolerance policies exist for a reason, but they don't work. As I have said, in Toronto, it only made matters worse. Even if this girl was misbehaving ...
Apr 28, 2005 -
Re: Beltane
You know, it wouldn't surprize me if you and I are the only ones in this group who know anything about Beltane.
Apr 27, 2005 -
Re: Humor
In a case like that, the boss probably already has a particular bias anyway. I only have a problem with jokes like that if they are made out of ignorance ...
Apr 27, 2005 -
Re: Plastic Surgery
Have you looked into non-surgical options? Because there are dozens that are a lot safer than surgery.
Apr 27, 2005 -
Re: Plastic Surgery
I'm not talking about fitting in. Looking a certain way doesn't guarantee that you'll fit in, as demonstarted by my best friend in middle school, who I thought was beautiful, ...
Apr 23, 2005 -
Re: Plastic Surgery
There's also cases where people were born with facial abnormalities. Most of these don't effect the child's physical well-being or health, but children can be nasty. Society doesn't see a ...
Apr 23, 2005 -
Re: Summer Reading List
Just about anything by Charles de Lint is always a good choice. Wolf Moon is a nice, light read. I really don't see the need to get heavy with summer ...
Apr 22, 2005 -
Re: 30,000 Posts!
I third that remark to Brad. Anywa, congrats Nate. And I can see why this site has been so successful, though. It's far better than TYWC ever was. I'm really ...
Apr 22, 2005 -
Re: Plastic Surgery
Well, plastic surgery really does make some people feel better about themselves. The key is to put things in perspective, and not go too far. Understand that it's just your ...
Apr 22, 2005 -
Re: Immigration
That's a very good point, Firestarter. It's also not only selfish but very lazy. The attitude that we must simply eliminate the problem rather than find out what caused the ...
Apr 22, 2005 -
Re: What's your IQ?
Yeah. In Ontario we have standardized testing, and I think in some other provinces. Only one of them really matters when it comes to moving on in your education. In ...
Apr 22, 2005 -
Re: Best Animated Films
Actually, Disney started to go down after The Hunch Back of Notre Dam. They came close with a few other movies, but they just kept getting worse and worse. These ...
Apr 22, 2005
