User avatar

Rei

  • Randomosity Re: Barney.. AH!

    My oodness, I actually find myself agreeing with you on something, Aniar. Kids shos are getting dumber and dumber. Whatever happened to Mr. Dress-up and shows like his? Well, Mr. ...

    May 30, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Favorite Books

    Seeing how long some of these lists are, I'm wondering how anyone really can choose a favourite. I read too much to pick just one, or even a short list ...

    May 30, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Language is confuzzling!

    No, you confused me because kyoukai mean church. Kyokai is something comepletely different. Remember, chizu and chiizu. You don't want to be asking a the clerk at the travel shop ...

    May 29, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Language is confuzzling!

    Yes, that's true. They don't usually use it unless speaking to a person whose name they don't know. I actually haven't been studying it for a long time, though I ...

    May 29, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Favorite Books

    Oh yeah, that happened to me with an author I used to read all the time. I regret to say that I bought many of her books at the time. ...

    May 28, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Language is confuzzling!

    I totally agree with you, mouse. The whole world isn't all one identical culture, as much as some people would like it to be, and language is an integral part ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Language is confuzzling!

    Here's another one I just thought of from Japanese. Chizu means map, but if you hold the I a bit longer, it means cheese.

    May 27, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Favorite Books

    I have a new favourite. Zel, by Donna Jo Napoli When I first heard about it, I didn't think anyone would be able to do it, but she managed to ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: What were you thinking when...

    Who the heck is this? (I think too many people were posting at the same time. I'm asking my question again.) What were you thinking right before the last time ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: What were you thinking when...

    I wonder what I should ask. What were you think right before the last time you read something you had written in front of a group of people.

    May 27, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Serious Discussion about Religions

    Not influencing people to believe what you believe, whether forceful or not, has nothing to do with "the one true religion." I don't believe there is any true religion. To ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: Intellectualized passion

    Too true. Too true. I was thoroughly annoyed when I found out about all the Christian symbolism in the Narnia books. I could have easily figured it out on my ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Star Wars Premiere *SPOILER WARNING*

    There's no need to feel bad about crying in a movie theatre, or while reading a book. All that means is that the filmmakers and writers did their job when ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Serious Discussion about Religions

    I'm not necessarily anti-religion. I'm against using religion to claim superiority, to harm other people, as an excuse to take people's rights away, or to make certain people seem less ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: Intellectualized passion

    Today I was watching a show called "The Writing Life." It's a show that profiles Canadian authors. I watch it to get a glimps of the professional world I will ...

    May 27, 2005


In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary.
— Kathleen Norris