User avatar

Rei

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Problems with Evolution

    I've already ripped apart like half these arguments in the Debate forums. Most notable: the Cambrian explosion (3), abiogenesis (4), I've given you plenty of missing links (6), and I've ...

    May 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?

    Stay on topic, and check on the difference between socialism and communism. One thing that my professors always liked to impress upon us is that the principal sets the tone ...

    May 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?

    And Nate, you're right. It is not just a funding issue. However, good funding helps make it a healthy environment with up-to-date materials, as well as the ability to hire ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?

    I suppose that it all comes down to this: the school is paid for by taxes. The taxes are paid by the people. If the taxes are low, and/or the ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?

    Another issue I have with the rich neighbourhoods getting more funding is this: Why does a child not deserve to have a school that is well maintained, with an up-to-date ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?

    It's not socialism that doesn't work. It's communism. There is a huge difference. And since when is believing that we should support the less fortunate dangerous?

    May 12, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?

    I would love to know where they got the idea for the "better scores more money" thing. Especially when you consider some of the reasons for the low scores could ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?

    In Ontario, we have a "bum in the seat" method of funding. Basically that means that the schools with more students get mroe money. Another issue is not necessaily how ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Fundementalism and Instanity at it's worse.

    Of course they don't know anything about Wicca. I'm no expert either, but I don't think wizardry is the same thing as that religion. Haven't they ever heard the term ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex Before Marriage

    Considering how common divorce is (and is even permitted for Jews), I don't think marriage guarantees a commitment. Some people simply do not believe that you need that legal or ...

    May 5, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Teen and Premartial Sex

    Won't him working nights get in the way of your "realtions"? Dude, that comment is very rude and disrespectful. OverEasy enjoys her sexuality, as do Gal and I, but none ...

    May 5, 2008
  • Official Polls Re: Another poll for school

    Considering the kind of site this is, it's no surprize that most of us chose English.

    May 4, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Teen and Premartial Sex

    Again, Thunder_dude, you make the big mistake in assuming that just because there is a legal or religious document, it means that the child is guaranteed care and if there ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Teen and Premartial Sex

    Gal did not have sex just because she felt like it. If she was doing it just because she felt like it, I doubt there would have been nearly as ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What is the meaning of life?

    Searching for the meaning of life and stuff like that just gives me a headache.

    May 3, 2008


When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind