-
Re: You Can't Do That in Canada!
Some country I live in. You know, half the time the government has the wrong priorities, and the other half we either don't trust what they are doing or don't ...
Feb 14, 2008 -
Re: How many words is the average novel?
Well, you'd find it extremely hard. Many publishers would reject it out of hand or claim it's 'unpublishable'. If you're really lucky you may find a publisher willing to give ...
Feb 14, 2008 -
Re: You Can't Do That in Canada!
Indecent exposure is still an offense in most places in Canada, but the definitions of a sufficient bathing dress have changed a lot. It is now legal for women to ...
Jan 29, 2008 -
Re: TTFN and TTYL by Lauren Myracle
It is quite sad. Even books like Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging are above this. The author of those books shows at least some respect for teenage girls, while ...
Oct 16, 2006 -
Re: What makes your story so original?
What i think makes a story unique is not necessarily the story or the characters' personalities and that sort of thing. What makes a story unique is using the resources ...
Oct 16, 2006 -
Re: The Official Goodbye/Departure Thread
What she said. Also, I hate it here.
Sep 18, 2006 -
Re: YWS Handout Flyers
It's a good idea, but they should probably have some more information that just a logo and the website url to give people a better idea of what the site ...
Sep 2, 2006 -
Re: My Dear Holly...
Like Alex said, it's a wonderful piece and it's easy to imagine yourself in Holland when you read it. It's the kind of poem you really want to listen to, ...
Sep 1, 2006 -
Re: YWS Addiction
hee hee hee That's why I hardly ever came while school was on.
Sep 1, 2006 -
Re: YWS Addiction
get a job or go to college Or both Then you'll either have no time, or you'll be too tired to bother when you do have time
Sep 1, 2006 -
Re: Question... Novella vs. Novellete
Okay, so I was right. *shrugs* Don't suppose it really matters how it's classified. Publishers and literary journals generally tell you the word count they want, not if they want ...
Sep 1, 2006 -
Re: Question... Novella vs. Novellete
I think I prefer the way "novella" sounds. Hmm. I'd always thought that a novelette was just something too long to be a short story, but not quite long enough ...
Sep 1, 2006 -
Re: Audition!
I love that one! Beatrice is such a fun character to play. Hope you get it. WHat are you doing for your audition?
Aug 31, 2006 -
Re: HUGO WINNERS!
Okay, but how was I supposed to know that?
Aug 30, 2006 -
Re: HUGO WINNERS!
There's a thing for new writers started by L Ron. Hubbard. It's the Writers of the Future contest.
Aug 30, 2006
