-
Re: Should parents smack their children?
There is always an alternative to causing a child phsyical pain. You just need to figure out what matters to the child and you need to do it properly. That ...
Jul 13, 2008 -
Re: Should parents smack their children?
By all means, break out the riding crops and smack away. When I have kids, they're not leaving the house each morning without a few whacks across the face. I ...
Jul 13, 2008 -
Re: Should parents smack their children?
I said nothing about not teaching them consequences, Not being allowed to play a game if you do not play by the rules is a consequence. Not being allowed to ...
Jul 13, 2008 -
Re: Should parents smack their children?
There are many more reasons not to hit your kids has a punishment than because it will make them violent. Of all the really happy, respectful, successful people I know, ...
Jul 13, 2008 -
Re: Magic, not only in books and movies?
Someone once said that magic is simply science that we cannot explain. Think about it. A TV or cell phone would seem like magic to anyone who has never seen ...
Jul 13, 2008 -
Re: Should parents smack their children?
I think a little wack on the hand if they are about to do something that would lead to them hurting themselves more than the wack is the only thing ...
Jul 13, 2008 -
Re: The Dark Knight
Yeah, they actually do show the accident in the previews that causes Harvey to turn into Two-Face. But who knows how much they'll do with it.
Jul 13, 2008 -
Re: The Dark Knight
Two-Face probably isn't getting much mention at all because he's not the villain. Besides, it doesn't look like he totally becomes Two-Face in the movie. He's only known as Harvey ...
Jul 12, 2008 -
Re: The Dark Knight
I do think it's likely that they are taking a more serious look at his role Oscar-wise because of his death, but I know I would have been thinking it ...
Jul 12, 2008 -
Re: How Much can we trust science?
When it comes to proving the existence of something that has no physical form, I'm not sure how biases couldn't interfere.
Jul 11, 2008 -
Re: Questions Only
Why continue to defend yourself if you were over it?
Jul 11, 2008 -
Re: Does the Olympic Stadium in Beijing really look like this?
Well, I think the design idea behind it was probably to create sort of a "quilt," or a "network" (a spiderweb works too) to show how the world is connected ...
Jul 11, 2008 -
Re: Questions Only
Will you please get over it? (Come on, my game, my rules.)
Jul 11, 2008 -
Re: Questions Only
Why don't you reread the post?
Jul 10, 2008 -
Re: Prayers, encouragement, support...?
I had similar feelings about going to college. When something is pulling you and everything about the decision makes you feel wrong, you shouldn't do it no matter what anyone ...
Jul 9, 2008
