User avatar

Rei

  • Writing Tips Re: Publishing

    The problem with self-publishing is that it costs a lot of money. Could be thousands of dollars. And you have to market and distribute the books yourself. Whereas, sending a ...

    Apr 2, 2005
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Rain Before Dawn, chapter 1- strong language

    Woah! Relax. First of all, I'm sorry I said something that had been said already, but I didn't know. I don't read other people's replies when I write my own. ...

    Apr 2, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Tapping the Dream Tree by Charles Delint.

    So true. I think the thing that makes much of his work so special is that he uses contemporary, social realism and mixes it with ancient lore and mythology. So ...

    Apr 1, 2005
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Rain Before Dawn, chapter 1- strong language

    I really like the passages in italics. Good images, and all right choice of words. The other sections leave something to be desired. The first two sentences, for example. Far ...

    Apr 1, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Hmmm...

    my suggestion. Don't stress about it. Just write the story while keeping an awareness of what the characters' relationships are. Afterwards, if you still see the problem you feel you ...

    Apr 1, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: I like elephants.

    Oh grow up, Crysi. A lot of female mammals, of not all, go through that stage. And so will YOU.

    Mar 30, 2005
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Old Untitled Short Story That I Wrote When I Was 8 Years Old

    I definitely wish I could have been able to write that well when I was 8. But I definitely encourage you to rework this. You could have a decent picture ...

    Mar 30, 2005
  • General Articles Re: A Journey of a Raindrop

    I definitely enjoyed reading this. All your facts are accurate and were put into the story at the right point. My only problem with this is the name of your ...

    Mar 30, 2005
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Where I Belong; Prologue (13+)

    I thought it was dull as anything. It seemed like you were trying to be mysterious at the beginning, but it didn't work, nor does there appear to be any ...

    Mar 30, 2005
  • Welcome Mat Re: Who is writing a book?

    Very Impressive, dreaming mouse. I haven't been able to get even close to that length yet. So far my longest has been just shy of 40 thousand words. However, with ...

    Mar 29, 2005
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Final Fantasy Tactics [Fan Fiction]

    I was simply pointing out that most fanfiction realy doesn't belong here because in most cases, to properly understand the stories, one must have a familiarity with the game/manga/anime that ...

    Mar 29, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Young Adult Fiction

    Recently, I attended a discussion of Canadian children's authors, illustrators, and book sellers on the genre that is generally categorized as Young Adult or teen fiction. One of the book ...

    Mar 29, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Need Help!

    You'd be surprized what you can make interesting. But I do see what you mean. That being the case, I would suggest putting the entire episode into a very short ...

    Mar 29, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Need Help!

    It's just that I'm not really sure what you mean when you say "I just want to know how to get her from being in the car going somewhere to ...

    Mar 29, 2005
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Needs Title! suggestions welcome!

    Good detail with the horse. I got a really good picture of your character, where she was riding, as well as the connection she has with the horse. But you ...

    Mar 29, 2005


The chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
— Warren Buffet