User avatar

Rei

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Double the Discrimination

    If that was all it took to make someone gay, I would think that half the country would be gay by now. Maybe some people choose to be that way, ...

    Apr 14, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: "ROSES"

    Bootiful. Really nice flow, great images and diction. And the line breaks didn't seem like random choices, as this style of poetry often does.

    Apr 14, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting Your Story

    I don't get you. Perhaps I've just misunderstood you, but it seems like you keep contradicting yourself. And with the sword thing, if you are refering to Inu Yasha, that's ...

    Apr 14, 2005
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The World's First Ostrich (written in 2002)

    Only had time to read the beginning. I like your tone and style. However, of what I did read, it seemed more like a novel synopsis with bits of dialogue ...

    Apr 14, 2005
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Space Station 6

    Very rarely have I ever seen a news article this short other than in the freebies put out by the major newspapers. It might be more interesting if you made ...

    Apr 14, 2005
  • Welcome Mat Re: Warthog In A King Prawn Suit Is Alive

    YAY Warty! Happy to have you here.

    Apr 14, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting Your Story

    Again, I ask you, how can you create a heightened or alternate reality unless you understand the existing realities? What you're saying sounds like an excuse for laziness. I understand, ...

    Apr 14, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Double the Discrimination

    True, but you can hardly compare Hitler to this.

    Apr 13, 2005
  • General Articles Re: Please Give Me A Reason.

    Yes, these baggy pants have sadly become a fashion among certain circles. Some people at the high school I went to wore them so that the waist was below their ...

    Apr 13, 2005
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Rain Before Dawn, Chapter 3- part 1

    If it really was that minor, she wouldn't have needed to stay in the hospital over night as long as she had someone to watch her and make sure she ...

    Apr 13, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting Your Story

    Where do you go from needing an excuse not to do research because you're inventing your own world and needing an excuse to write?

    Apr 13, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting Your Story

    Not a good enough excuse. You still need to know how existing realities work before you can create your own. I do the same thing, but my mom and I ...

    Apr 13, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting Your Story

    I don't see how you could write a book without doing research beforehand. I mean, if you have an idea for a story set in medieval times, how can you ...

    Apr 13, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Double the Discrimination

    First, yes, you must find out if the school wants to prevent same-sex couples from going to the prom. If it is true, I say, screw what your mother thinks. ...

    Apr 13, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Inferno (13+)

    Me like. Me like. The perfect frustration poem. Though I am rather curious about who "him" is.

    Apr 13, 2005


Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown