User avatar

Rei

  • General Articles Re: A day in my house (true story)

    It's a bit too short. I was expecting this to a window into your life. I could tell that this was real, and your voice sounded authentic, but it didn't ...

    May 28, 2005
  • General Fiction Novels Re: A Different Kind of Goblin 3: Current Events

    Who wants to read my shit anyway

    May 28, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Favorite Books

    Oh yeah, that happened to me with an author I used to read all the time. I regret to say that I bought many of her books at the time. ...

    May 28, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Language is confuzzling!

    I totally agree with you, mouse. The whole world isn't all one identical culture, as much as some people would like it to be, and language is an integral part ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Corduroy Summers

    Yoour welcome, and thanks. I find your custome rank very amusing.

    May 27, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Language is confuzzling!

    Here's another one I just thought of from Japanese. Chizu means map, but if you hold the I a bit longer, it means cheese.

    May 27, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Favorite Books

    I have a new favourite. Zel, by Donna Jo Napoli When I first heard about it, I didn't think anyone would be able to do it, but she managed to ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: What were you thinking when...

    Who the heck is this? (I think too many people were posting at the same time. I'm asking my question again.) What were you thinking right before the last time ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: What were you thinking when...

    I wonder what I should ask. What were you think right before the last time you read something you had written in front of a group of people.

    May 27, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: Euphoria

    It's really fascinating was caffien can do to us. I think I get it, and if I did, this was a fascinating way of putting it.

    May 27, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Serious Discussion about Religions

    Not influencing people to believe what you believe, whether forceful or not, has nothing to do with "the one true religion." I don't believe there is any true religion. To ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: Intellectualized passion

    Too true. Too true. I was thoroughly annoyed when I found out about all the Christian symbolism in the Narnia books. I could have easily figured it out on my ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Star Wars Premiere *SPOILER WARNING*

    There's no need to feel bad about crying in a movie theatre, or while reading a book. All that means is that the filmmakers and writers did their job when ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Serious Discussion about Religions

    I'm not necessarily anti-religion. I'm against using religion to claim superiority, to harm other people, as an excuse to take people's rights away, or to make certain people seem less ...

    May 27, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: Intellectualized passion

    Today I was watching a show called "The Writing Life." It's a show that profiles Canadian authors. I watch it to get a glimps of the professional world I will ...

    May 27, 2005


A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden