-
Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?
It is true, we're never going to have all the schools have all schools with the exact same resources, but I suppose what I was getting is that it's wrong ...
May 22, 2008 -
Re: Is freedom of speech a bad thing?
The thing is, there are laws that create certain limits, like slander laws and limitations on certain kinds of advertising. However, if we had any laws that dealt with much ...
May 21, 2008 -
Re: Grammatical Errors In Public
There is a restaurant near my house that has a "Help wanted" sign in the window. It looks like this: Help Wanted Apply To Day
May 21, 2008 -
Re: Dear Mr. Publisher
I love this poem simply because of the attitude behind it. I'm sure every writer who has seen a bunch of rejection letters can really relate to this. The only ...
May 21, 2008 -
Re: My Poem: Walls
You've got some nice ideas and images here. I had no trouble understanding what it was about, which is a trap you can easily fall into with poetry. Eimear is ...
May 21, 2008 -
Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?
Finding buses...tax money going toward the school. And what's so bad about somebody taking a bus to school? It's not that taking the bus to school is that bad. It's ...
May 21, 2008 -
Re: How do you get negative stars?
That is certainly an intreesting glitch. Thanks for clearing that up, Nate.
May 20, 2008 -
Re: Publicly Funded Religious Schools
Just for simplisticy sake, public schools are those that are free and generally funded by the government. I suppose it is to be expected in England since there is no ...
May 20, 2008 -
Re: Publicly Funded Religious Schools
You're right. I have no doubt that people would object to their money going to religious schools, especially in examples like that. The solution could be that you just let ...
May 20, 2008 -
Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?
And people having to take the bus to school, and finding more buses to transport those kids is exactly my point. And, yes, poor and and more well-off people do ...
May 20, 2008 -
Re: Publicly Funded Religious Schools
The recent debate about schools reminded me of a discussion my Issues in Education class had. It's also been an issue that has been brought up recently by my provincial ...
May 20, 2008 -
Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?
Well, it is hard to have the rich and poor going to the same schools seeing as they tend to not live in the same neighbourhoods. When we get into ...
May 19, 2008 -
Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?
I never claimed a person deserves a better education because their parents are richer, but I don't think other people should have to pay for somebody else's kid's education. In ...
May 19, 2008 -
Re: Eragon: the movie
There was one critic who has a local TV show who said he gave it one out of five because the baby dragon was cute. Though honestly, I have seen ...
May 19, 2008 -
Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth
I saw the preview last night, too. The guy next to me pointed out that it wasn't really an adaptation but more of a, "Wow, Verne was right!" sort of ...
May 19, 2008
