User avatar

Pushca

  • Writing Tips Re: What Is Your Favorite Writing Tip?

    "If you assume that the words that flow from your fingertips were dictated to you by God and are thus sacred and immune from revision, only you and God are ...

    Dec 23, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: making a book longer

    "Drag it out" doesn't sound like something you should do - more like something that's a bit painful.

    Dec 10, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Whats a good length for a chapter?

    Give them as much space, or a lack thereof, as they need. Putting your words on the rack to stretch out the chapter is painful for all involved.

    Dec 10, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Is your goal to get published?

    I suppose that, yes, of course, I would like to be published, but if I never am, that's OK. It's the writing, not the having written, at least for me.

    Oct 19, 2007
  • Research Re: A question for anyone who doesn't live in the US

    Yeah, here in Canada we celebrate Canada Day *snicker* :)

    Jul 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    English: Biscuits American: Cookies (This one confuses Americans, I've noticed.) Oh... well that explains a lot. English: Nappy American: Diaper "Nappy". So. English. English: Rubber American: Eraser

    Jun 25, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    OK, I want to know, if these ( ) are brackets in English, then what are these [ ]?

    Jun 17, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Cal's Hyde Park Corner Soapbox Oration #4

    Cal's Hyde Park Corner Soapbox I am a horrible person -- why, you ask -- well, when I pick up a new book, I always flip to the end and ...

    Jun 17, 2007
  • Research Re: Prostitutes, Lovers, Marriage, and all that fun stuff...

    On Marriage What age is a reasonable age for marriage? It depends. Definitely after college. (I've always assumed I'd go to college, so it's kind of hard to think about ...

    Jun 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Multiple POV

    If you attempt to do multiple POVs, all in first person, I will be forced to take out my hatred of Christopher Paolini AND A Separate Peace on you. So ...

    Apr 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Balance

    I think that people often find more there than the author really thought of. symbolism and foreshadowing I think is best done on a subliminal level, and authors even put ...

    Apr 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Could you co-author a story?

    I'm not exactly sure how to coauthor. There's something about it that seems kind of cool, I just don't understand how it works. And yes, I too would be controlling.

    Apr 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Tenses: How Do You Choose?

    Present tense is kind of annoying to read sometimes, and I try to use past, but I end up switching into present (like Joeducktape [Joeducktape? *is amused**is very, very tired*] ...

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Research Re: Third Person or First?

    I didn't have a problem with the Bartimeus Trilogy (Jonathon Stroud), the first few chapters of The Bad Mother's Handbook (excellent, excellent book) confused the Hell out of me. I ...

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Who's afraid of the snow?

    congrats!

    Apr 2, 2007


Ho ho ho!
— Santa