User avatar

Pushca

  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Recent Books Debate

    I would like to nominate Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Yeah, I'm aware that the book has been branded with the YA label -- something many of us "literaries" look ...

    Apr 28, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    I try and figure out what's up with whatever died in my mouth last night. -Gwen Would you shave your head?

    Apr 28, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Oh yes. Obstinate, stubborn... whatever you want to call it. I am not moving for you. My mother was equally stubborn and didn't appreciate it, but my father, who dove ...

    Apr 23, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    F*** them and shave their downstairs. -Gwen This is why you NEVER get drunk around Gwen. -Dude Whom I Have Given Up Naming What qualifies as a mitigation for rising ...

    Apr 21, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    I had a vampire phase when I was 19. My brother was ecstatic - he was the one who died my hair black when I was ten - but once ...

    Apr 21, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    I cackle evilly with thoughts of fiberglass and mustard. Um. I mean, thank you. -Gwen

    Apr 20, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Well, at least y'all don't have self-esteem issues. I'm afraid, in my non-magical state, I must refer to the mundane and non-feathered plane to fly. I like them, but Jamie ...

    Apr 20, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Not particularly, but I can't bring myself to kill them. -Gwen I can. Ew. -Jamie Would you chose a quill pen over a keyboard?

    Apr 20, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The YWS Recent Books List Nominations

    The Bad Mothers Handbook , Kate Long

    Apr 19, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Recent Books Debate

    I didn't like My Sister's Keeper . It's blasphemy, I know, everybody loves Jodi Picoult, but I wasn't emotionally attached to the characters at all. I think I was kind ...

    Apr 19, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Twighlight

    There's a thread for this here:

    Apr 19, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Recent Books Debate

    Postcards From the Edge is my favorite. I love Carrie Fisher.

    Apr 19, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: All American Girl by Meg Cabot

    I liked it. I found it to be exactly like all her other books.

    Apr 19, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The YWS Classics List Nominations

    Great Expectations by Charles Dickens To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway

    Apr 19, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The YWS Recent Books List Nominations

    The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix Postcards From the Edge by Carrie Fisher The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky Shogun by James Clavell The Book of Illusions ...

    Apr 19, 2007


The adventures I enjoy are usually of a literary nature.
— Henry Winchester