User avatar

PrehistoricEchoes

PrehistoricEchoes

  • Writers Corner Re: Would you see this as a sci-fi book?

    It'd probably be classified as "Science-Fantasy," which is in and of itself its own genre. It usually involves tropes common to both Science-Fiction (the higher technology, aliens, robots, and space ...

    Jan 19, 2015
  • Writers Corner Re: Is this cliche?

    So I had an idea for a story a few weeks back that would mainly be a deconstruction/reconstruction of the typical "farmboy hero" trope. The story idea involves a young ...

    Jan 19, 2015
  • Writers Corner Re: I just wrote the WORST story ever written

    First off, you finished a story. That alone is a good thing. Second of all, if you're like me, it's either not as bad as you think, or it'll allow ...

    Jan 19, 2015
  • Research Re: how do I make my charecters convincing and life like

    This is a question I've often had trouble with when writing, and I don't have a truly definite answer. Usually, I just kind of get a rough outline of a ...

    Oct 14, 2014
  • Research Re: Generating Good Conflict

    So I was working on Elementary the other day when I realized that the story had a serious problem: nothing was happening. The main conflict of the plot isn't scheduled ...

    Sep 23, 2014
  • Research Re: Angels#Pleeeassssee help

    As Rosey said, they vary from religion to religion, but one factor is constant: they cannot be messed with. Angels in the Christian Bible greet humans with the phrase "Do ...

    Sep 14, 2014
  • Research Re: Character Introductions

    When introducing several characters almost at once, what should I do? At one point in my book, the five main characters are thrown into a team, and I'm wondering how ...

    Jul 29, 2014
  • Writers Corner Re: Transformers Continuity Concept

    I have to agree with you. When all a Transformers series is is "big smashy robots," I usually don't like it. It's plot and characters that usually make a good ...

    May 24, 2014
  • Writers Corner Re: Transformers Continuity Concept

    All right, so I've been playing around with this idea for a bit and I'm willing to give it a shot. Basically, my dream job is to one day write ...

    May 16, 2014


What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
— Albert Pines