User avatar

Polkadots

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Perseus

    I think this was written very well, and I love the story of Perseus also. The only thing that I didn't quite like was the Point of View. It was ...

    Sep 23, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Making a whiny character believable?

    I have a character and her personality is meant to be whiny, but how do I convey this nature to readers without making her annoyance?

    Sep 23, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Chapter 1

    Starting out with conventions, your sentence structure has a slight variation but it leans more on the uniform side. You might want to combine your sentences a bit more to ...

    Sep 22, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Mage's Rest

    I found this piece to be rather dry. It lacks any sort of description and lacks any figurative language or adjectives. I think you tell too much rather than show/guide ...

    Sep 22, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Life (updated)

    I think it's an interesting concept, but it seems a bit like an info-dump to be also. Is this meant to be a prologue or just a chapter or a ...

    Sep 22, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    She's an artistic girl who is constantly on the look for inspiration. She's a freethinker and noticeably offbeat. Diana Parana

    Sep 11, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    An quiet intelligent man who thinks out things thoroughly. However, he's fiercely loyal and protective of family and friends when needed. Alice Berkeley

    Sep 9, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: I can't outline!

    I'm trying to make a plot oultine formy new plot. For my first novel, I winged it completely and it came out a complete mess. I couldn't find a way ...

    Sep 8, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: New gril!

    Hi, I'm new here also. Welcome.

    Sep 8, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Welcome New Members!

    Thanks. =D I found this through a google search also.... I usually read mysteries, medical thrillers, and fantasy and I usually write mysteries and fantasies, too.

    Sep 6, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How do YOU get last names for a story charater?

    I use last names for all my characters they just don't seem too whole to me without one. I don't always write it into the story, but I usually have ...

    Sep 5, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: What music puts you in a writing mood?

    It depends on what scene I'm doing. I like to listen to Corinne Bailey Rae when there aren't too many action scenes and during action scenes I usually listen to ...

    Sep 5, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How long should a chapter be?

    I agree with Pol. It annoys me for some reason when I'm reading a book and the chapter is only one page. If it's going to be that short you ...

    Sep 5, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Snow

    I enjoyed your story. Your descriptions are quite vivid - especially in the second world. The descriptions were precise and well-worded and flowed well and gave amazing imagery. I could ...

    Sep 4, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Welcome New Members!

    Hello...I'm Polkadots..there's nothing else to say really. Introductions are always awkward.

    Sep 4, 2007


I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney