User avatar

Polkadots

  • Fantasy Novels Re: So Much for Magicians

    I don't really like the second version. It's a bit choppy and more info-dumpy and informal as the person above said. Just try to make it less of an "explanation" ...

    Oct 20, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Faith: Chapter One

    I noticed a few errors in grammar: The strawberry bushes were practically torn from the ground and the skinny trees were bent and touching the ground. I crawled from the ...

    Oct 20, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse

    I read the first chapter in the store of Twilight and the first chapter of New Moon on her website. I'm probably going to read it soon (it's checked out ...

    Oct 8, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Red Road Home

    I found this to be interesting and had a very eerie feel. Your word choice was keen, especially for your characters. I can't find anything to really point out. Very ...

    Oct 8, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: So Much for Magicians

    I found this piece to be interesting. Your protagonists is quirky and her tone is believable and upbeat. However, it's a bit of a info-dump. I don't really need to ...

    Oct 8, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: List of taboo writing words

    Accentuated. Especially when it's followed by "her curves". Or when it's used in a sentence like "he said in a voice accentuated by a (insert stereotypical romantic accent here)"

    Oct 7, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    Hmmm....a quiet, bibliophile who has an odd obessision with Indian culture. Adriana Peregrine (f)

    Oct 7, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: Only Speak in Song Titles

    "Grace Kelly" Mika

    Oct 7, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Midnight

    I agree with the previous reviewers, you have a knack for stringing words together to create stunning imagery. I couldn't really find anything wrong. Only if it turns into a ...

    Oct 6, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: War in Iraq

    Blackwater is one out of several. What they did was wrong, but there are others that do their job. And I call getting rid of a genocidal war criminal and ...

    Sep 29, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church

    They're the silliest most pathetic attempt at masquerading as a church. And the fact that they're teaching their children the doctrine is sad. Also, not every Christian is homophobic. Excusing ...

    Sep 29, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Beating Writers Block

    Really nice tips. I plan to use these with my next novel for Nano...

    Sep 29, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: iPod video nano

    I want one, but I doubt that I'll get one...I don't even have a regular ipod. The commercial is awesome though - Feist is one of my favorite singers.

    Sep 25, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: bin Laden's son weds British divorcee.

    I agree, you shouldn't judge the Omar by his parentage, but the idea of a speedy marriage such as this is silly. It seems like she just wants media coverage ...

    Sep 25, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: House MD

    Does anyone like House? Are you planning to watch the season premiere tonight?

    Sep 25, 2007


The chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
— Warren Buffet