User avatar

Phoenixfire

  • Other Poetry Re: Nonsense #2

    You all are very right on the topic of meaning. Truthfully speaking, it doesn't really mean anything. And no, it wasn't meant to be a sound poem, although that would ...

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Winter Warmer

    Short and sweet. Very nice. I think the edits were a good move. Points for originality on the "lemon juice" reference. Too often writers choose to resort to clichés because ...

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Embers

    It's a great topic, and the words are good, but I think it flows a little funny. I might be biased, though, because I tend to like either completely free ...

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: A Prettier Fate

    Wonderful. I approve wholeheartedly and offer kudos. You took a great topic and followed it through to the end with no half-steps or faltering in between. Keep up the good ...

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Hidden

    I like it, a lot, but I think you might have developed the dark/light contrast a bit more. Although, as it is, it's a good poem. I love the rhythm.

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: We Are Three

    I like it. I also like that I don't have to get it. It sounds like an echo, circling around and going nowhere. Great stuff. I disagree with some others, ...

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: doll

    You have managed the indescribable feat of making a poem that is at once both creepy and profound. I don't know whether to congratulate you or worry about you. Oh, ...

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Nonsense #2

    A softer way To dizzle-dazzle A brighter way To roll the walk This is the way we Coke the rattle As we stumble over chalk.

    Oct 1, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Embers

    Very, very nice. I love the last line. Many kudos to you!

    Mar 2, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: An Awe-Inspiring View

    you have just made my day. I was sure that fratricide was a term for killing a sibling. I never dreamed I could be so lucky as to get a ...

    Feb 2, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: An Awe-Inspiring View

    A sunset, gold and blue A purple-silk wrapped debut Tracks across the western sky God in nature glorified The ocean waves crest and wash Against a line that's never crossed ...

    Jan 30, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Ghost

    When I get more inspiration on this topic, I'll write more and add to this. The lack of capitalization/punctuation was on purpose, as sort of a contribution to the middle-of-the-night ...

    Jan 28, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Ghost

    no, you're not missing anything. it was random. the general feeling was that of being comforted by a ghost singing in the dark, because in the middle of the night ...

    Jan 28, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Fire

    I applaud your topic. good show. all kudos to you, brava, etc. etc.

    Jan 28, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Silent and Deadly

    *crunch crunch* spider. yum. yeah, the being eaten at the end threw me. the rhythm is a bit erratic, but I think it works.

    Jan 28, 2007


Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind